Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

MKainu
Participant

Creating a Workflow for Non-Disclosure Agreements

SOLVE

Hi all,

After watching and reading about workflows, I'm still a little uncertain the best way to create one that fits the scenario below the best (a little overwhelemed):

1. New Deal is created ---> New Task created to check NDA database (external) to see if an active NDA exists for new Deal entity/person (can we link these external locations as well so, when task is triggered, a notification with the location shows?)

2. If NDA is Active, Done (no further action required for the NDA process)

3. If NDA is Not Active, then notify [User] to initiate New NDA Process (could probably enter in a new workflow here, but want to try and wrap my head around the current process first and get comfortable with it)

4. When New NDA process is complete, End Task.

Any tips, tricks, or best practices for creating this scenario?

1 Accepted solution
jolle
Solution
Recognized Expert | Partner

SOLVE

Hey @MKainu, thanks for sharing! And no need to feel overwhelmed 🙂 I definitely understand the feeling, but we're here to help give you some thoughts!

Thanks for the helpful process outline — it looks like a lot of this is going to happen within that external NDA database and not in HubSpot. That makes things a little easier on the HubSpot side of things, but you still want to make sure that you capture the process above within the task in HubSpot. Here's what I would do:

1. Create the task creation workflow you described above (triggered when a new deal is created)
  2. Within the task body, outline the steps above:
    1. Check NDA database (you should be able to copy and paste the direct link to the external NDA database within the task body, assuming you're using the same exact URL for every record)
    2. If NDA is Active, then complete the task (and update a custom property called "NDA Status" to "Active," if desired)
    3. If NDA is Not Active, then notify [User] to initiate New NDA Process (and update a custom property called "NDA Status" to "Not Active," if desired — this could trigger another task creation workflow like you mentioned)

The current state sounds like you're just using HubSpot to convey the NDA database directions to your team. Over time, I bet there's more that you can automate here, but I think you're at a really good starting point! I would definitely try to track the "NDA Status" within HubSpot, probably in a custom deal property as mentioned above. Since you'll already be doing the manual work of heading into the NDA database to confirm the NDA status, you might as well bring that into HubSpot so that the rest of the team can view that info in HubSpot instead of needing to head into the database again.

Hope this helps!! Let us know if you run into any trouble as you're getting everything set up. Thanks!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
HBirtcher
Participant

SOLVE

If you have the option to create custom objects, this would be a great use! I recently implemented the storage of our NDAs in HubSpot. It allows a pretty seamless flow and I can automate notifications as to when things are approved, or when things expire. It really seems to be working well for the team. 

0 Upvotes
jolle
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @MKainu, thanks for sharing! And no need to feel overwhelmed 🙂 I definitely understand the feeling, but we're here to help give you some thoughts!

Thanks for the helpful process outline — it looks like a lot of this is going to happen within that external NDA database and not in HubSpot. That makes things a little easier on the HubSpot side of things, but you still want to make sure that you capture the process above within the task in HubSpot. Here's what I would do:

1. Create the task creation workflow you described above (triggered when a new deal is created)
  2. Within the task body, outline the steps above:
    1. Check NDA database (you should be able to copy and paste the direct link to the external NDA database within the task body, assuming you're using the same exact URL for every record)
    2. If NDA is Active, then complete the task (and update a custom property called "NDA Status" to "Active," if desired)
    3. If NDA is Not Active, then notify [User] to initiate New NDA Process (and update a custom property called "NDA Status" to "Not Active," if desired — this could trigger another task creation workflow like you mentioned)

The current state sounds like you're just using HubSpot to convey the NDA database directions to your team. Over time, I bet there's more that you can automate here, but I think you're at a really good starting point! I would definitely try to track the "NDA Status" within HubSpot, probably in a custom deal property as mentioned above. Since you'll already be doing the manual work of heading into the NDA database to confirm the NDA status, you might as well bring that into HubSpot so that the rest of the team can view that info in HubSpot instead of needing to head into the database again.

Hope this helps!! Let us know if you run into any trouble as you're getting everything set up. Thanks!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature