Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

Anicklow
Contributor

Creating a Static List from a Contact Property that has multiple values

SOLVE

Hello,

I have an excel file of 2,000+ contacts that I need to be in Hubspot. I only have their member ID in the excel sheet (not their email). I know that all of these contacts already exist in Hubspot. "Member ID" is a current contact property in Hubspot. In the past, I have manually put contacts in a static list by searching for them by their Member ID, and adding them to a list, however I have never needed to do this for 2,000+ contacts. 

Is there any way I can import these Member ID's into a list that will populate a static list in Hubspot? 

Any advice would be great, thank you!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Anicklow,

Yes, the Member ID could be a custom property, created by you for this specific purpose. During the import of that excel file, you can then map your Member ID column to the newly created property.

Once this information is imported, you can filter for it in contact filtered views, active lists, static lists, workflow, reports etc.

During the import process, you can also choose to create a static list from your import file automatically. This is one of the very last steps and means you don't have to do it yourself. Otherwise you could always create a list by filtering for contacts where Member ID is known. In a list, you'll also always be able to customize the shown columns to feature your Member ID.

Keep in mind that you won't be able to use these contacts for email marketing, if they don't have an email address. HubSpot will also not be able to deduplicate those contacts, as deduplication requires either the Contact ID or an email address. In other words: If you import this Excel file twice, HubSpot will create each contact twice. Existing contacts will also not be deduplicated, should one of the contacts from your import file already exist in your portal.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Anicklow,

Yes, the Member ID could be a custom property, created by you for this specific purpose. During the import of that excel file, you can then map your Member ID column to the newly created property.

Once this information is imported, you can filter for it in contact filtered views, active lists, static lists, workflow, reports etc.

During the import process, you can also choose to create a static list from your import file automatically. This is one of the very last steps and means you don't have to do it yourself. Otherwise you could always create a list by filtering for contacts where Member ID is known. In a list, you'll also always be able to customize the shown columns to feature your Member ID.

Keep in mind that you won't be able to use these contacts for email marketing, if they don't have an email address. HubSpot will also not be able to deduplicate those contacts, as deduplication requires either the Contact ID or an email address. In other words: If you import this Excel file twice, HubSpot will create each contact twice. Existing contacts will also not be deduplicated, should one of the contacts from your import file already exist in your portal.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.