Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

skylergast
Participante

Created By field on Tickets

resolver

When a ticket is created it seems like it automatically assigns the Ticket Owners as the User who created the ticket.. That seems wrong, rarely is the person who is creating the ticket the individual who is the Owning the ticket for a resolution.

Is there a way to get to the "Created By" field or something similar? E.g. When I create a ticket I want to display my name in a Created By field and then have the Owner field be empty until someone picks it up from the pipeline queue.

Thanks for your help!

1 Solução aceita
karstenkoehler
Solução
Membro do Hall da Fama | Parceiro

resolver

Hi @skylergast,

How are you currently creating tickets? When creating a ticket manually, you can set the owner field to 'No owner', see below:

ticket-owner.png

Natively, HubSpot doesn't provide you with a 'Created by' field but this can be easily added. There is an option to create additional user fields in HubSpot, exactly like the contact owner (last bullet point here). I commonly see this used for a marketing owner field, a services owner field and a sales owner field. In this case, you'd be using it to create a ticket creator field. Start creating a custom property as you usually do (for ticket records), select 'HubSpot user' as type and name it 'Ticket creator'.

By navigating to Settings > Service > Tickets > 'Set the properties your team sees on tickets.', you can set this property to be displayed on all tickets for all users in your CRM, see also here.

Lastly, if you need to automatically remove or batch remove the onwer of some types of tickets, you can use workflows for that. Make sure you set the correct enrollment triggers in a ticket-based workflow and then add an action 'Clear property value' for the 'Ticket Owner'.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Exibir solução no post original

6 Respostas 6
RAufDerHeide
Participante

resolver

Agree with request. We need to be able to report or know how tickets are being created. 

0 Avaliação positiva
kvlschaefer
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

resolver

Hi @RAufDerHeide,

Thanks for your feedback!

If you would like to see more in depth reporting for tickets, I would recommend upvoting this idea on the ideas forum. 

Thank you,

Kristen 

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
James-Preseem
Colaborador(a)

resolver

@karstenkoehler @skylergast 

With respect to the Created by property, your solution doesn't really achieve what I am looking for.   I am not really looking to define a property that I can define and set as created by. 

HubSpot does not expose the hs_created_by and hs_created_by _user_id as properties that are viewable or actionable in the UI or workflows.  However, they are there and are accessible via the API.  These properties are the fixed at the time the object is created and are not editable.  These are the details that I would like to expose and use.  I am using this information for operational/workflow purposes but also from a troubleshooting and audit perspective as well.

Simply creating a property that is named "created by" or "ticket creator" and having someone fill it in doesn't really work when you are creating tickets from workflows and external applications via API.   Also, it is not something you populate from within a workflow, because the hs_created_by and hs_created_by_user_id are not acccessible and cannot be used as the source for the copied value.

I did find a way around this using the API and running a periodic update script that copies the value of "hs_created_by" for the ticket object to a ticket_creator property.    It is not ideal but it does provide a more accurate record of who or what process actually created the ticket, and it can be done for historic tickets as well. 

https://legacydocs.hubspot.com/docs/methods/crm-properties/get-properties

Cheers

James

0 Avaliação positiva
James-Preseem
Colaborador(a)

resolver

Hi All,

I use exports from hubspot to run certain types of analysis and reports that are not easily created in hubspot.

Back in late October the export of all ticket properties exposed significantly more ticket properties than what is usually available for export.  Under normal circumstances the export of all properties includes +/- 60 properties (save for custom properties that you may have added yourself.     However this expanded list of properties exported more than 240 different properties.  Most of these are related to the time and date that the ticket was in a particular status.  The following are `near` exact actual examples.

• Date entered `Waiting on Customer (billing)`
  • Date exited `Waiting on Customer (billing)`
  • Time in `Waiting on Customer (billing)` (HH:mm:ss)

It appears that these 3 properties are populated for each `status (pipeline)` combination that exists in your environment.

However!

There are two properties that are on every ticket that are simply not exposed.

• Created by
  • Created by user ID

What is not clear to me is whether or not these are exposed at an api level.

Unfortunately shortly after I asked support about these additional exported fields, they were again hidden and no longer visible. 

I have been asking to have several of these exposed to the UI for a while now.  Perhaps we can add some additional voices to the conversation.

0 Avaliação positiva
karstenkoehler
Solução

resolver

Hi @skylergast,

How are you currently creating tickets? When creating a ticket manually, you can set the owner field to 'No owner', see below:

ticket-owner.png

Natively, HubSpot doesn't provide you with a 'Created by' field but this can be easily added. There is an option to create additional user fields in HubSpot, exactly like the contact owner (last bullet point here). I commonly see this used for a marketing owner field, a services owner field and a sales owner field. In this case, you'd be using it to create a ticket creator field. Start creating a custom property as you usually do (for ticket records), select 'HubSpot user' as type and name it 'Ticket creator'.

By navigating to Settings > Service > Tickets > 'Set the properties your team sees on tickets.', you can set this property to be displayed on all tickets for all users in your CRM, see also here.

Lastly, if you need to automatically remove or batch remove the onwer of some types of tickets, you can use workflows for that. Make sure you set the correct enrollment triggers in a ticket-based workflow and then add an action 'Clear property value' for the 'Ticket Owner'.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

skylergast
Participante

resolver

Thanks. This is basically what I ended up doing - creating a custom field and then using a workflow to switch Owner -> Created By.