Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

phtheref
Participant

Create deals from Google Sheets

SOLVE

Hi!

I have an urgent need for create & update deals from Google Sheets to Hubspot. I managed to did this with zapier zap but it doesn't create line items. I can live without this (because all deals which are coming from Google sheet are using same line item SKU & product.

But this need an automation workflow where I could create one line item for each newly imported deals. Cannot find a way to create line item with workflow. Any way to do this. 

Or preferably manage this directly when importing data from Google Sheet.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
HFisher7
Solution
Guide | Elite Partner
Guide | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@phtheref - If the reason for not wanting the partners as users in HubSpot was around data privacy, you could utilise a permission set to lock down what those users can access in your HubSpot portal: HubSpot user permissions guide

Add all the partners as users to a team called 'Partners' and only give them access to the deal object, where the deal record is a record they are the owner of.

They then will not be able to see any other object records (Contacts, Companies, Tickets or Custom objects) or deal records that they didn't add to the portal. 

Hannah Fisher
CRM Platform Consultant @ Elite HubSpot Partner BabelQuest
Unlock the potential of HubSpot

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
HFisher7
Guide | Elite Partner
Guide | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@phtheref - This should be possible with Zapier.

Trigger = Update to Google Sheet
Action 1 = Create deal
Action 2 = Create line item

Action 3 = Create associations

Screenshot 2023-06-01 at 16.35.11.png

Hannah Fisher

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
phtheref
Participant

SOLVE

I have other urgent need... if anybody could check that one also. https://community.hubspot.com/t5/CRM/One-form-with-multiple-informatio/td-p/754498

0 Upvotes
phtheref
Participant

SOLVE

Thx!!

Need to try this...  Reason for this that we'll have 3-5 Int. Partners who are reselling our product. I need to see their pipeline&oppos but don't want to give them accounts to HS. Everybody is selling same product - only differences are start/close date & deal MRR amount. I have a plan to make this happen with Google Sheet. If someone have better idea - I'm happy to hear it.

0 Upvotes
HFisher7
Solution
Guide | Elite Partner
Guide | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@phtheref - If the reason for not wanting the partners as users in HubSpot was around data privacy, you could utilise a permission set to lock down what those users can access in your HubSpot portal: HubSpot user permissions guide

Add all the partners as users to a team called 'Partners' and only give them access to the deal object, where the deal record is a record they are the owner of.

They then will not be able to see any other object records (Contacts, Companies, Tickets or Custom objects) or deal records that they didn't add to the portal. 

Hannah Fisher

Josh
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @phtheref,

When creating the deal from a workflow you can automatically add line items, but you cannot add line items to an existing deal from a workflow at this time.

Josh 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

phtheref
Participant

SOLVE

Do they need paid license for creating & updating deals?

0 Upvotes
HFisher7
Guide | Elite Partner
Guide | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@phtheref - They don't, no. 

Hannah Fisher