Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

JHebert
Contributeur

Create Contacts

Résolue

Does it make sense to create a Contact for registered users of HubSpot, like members of the Sales Team?

The admin for our HubSpot instance created contacts for the Sales Director and Salespeople. Does this make sense since these contacts will never become customers, are employees, and will never be sold any products?

Can this create problems?

Are these contacts required to use HubSpot?

Thank you

0 Votes
2 Solutions acceptées
karstenkoehler
Solution
Au panthéon de la communauté | Partenaire solutions

Create Contacts

Résolue

Hi @JHebert,

It can make sense to create contact records for employees. Usually this happens organically when users want to test certain things (submit a form, log an activity).

If you have a Professional subscription, you can label/tag these contacts by setting a value in a custom property or use the existing Persona property. It should be easy to identify all these contacts by filtering for Email domain. If you do this, you can exclude the contacts from views, reports etc – this would otherwise be the main issue with having them in your CRM.

As far as potential problems go, these contacts might count towards your total billable contacts.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

JHebert
Solution
Contributeur

Create Contacts

Résolue

Hello Karsten,

Thank you for your explanation. It does help to explain how they might have been created or why, i.e., testing, etc. I appreciate the potential impact of those contacts possibly counting toward one's billable contacts; we wouldn't want that. Thank you also for the suggestions for excluding the contacts from views, reports etc. 

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

0 Votes
5 Réponses
JHebert
Solution
Contributeur

Create Contacts

Résolue

Hello Karsten,

Thank you for your explanation. It does help to explain how they might have been created or why, i.e., testing, etc. I appreciate the potential impact of those contacts possibly counting toward one's billable contacts; we wouldn't want that. Thank you also for the suggestions for excluding the contacts from views, reports etc. 

0 Votes
NKieran6
Contributeur

Create Contacts

Résolue

Yes, I see this quite alot in client's accounts 🙂  Usually it happens through testing forms / landing pages or to create a 'seed' list for testing. As mentioned above you can create a list filtered on email domain or company name to keep an eye on how there are so it doesn't affect the number in your counted contacts or reports. 

JHebert
Contributeur

Create Contacts

Résolue

Thank you very much for your response!

Jonathan

0 Votes
kvlschaefer
Gestionnaire de communauté
Gestionnaire de communauté

Create Contacts

Résolue

Thanks for sharing, @NKieran6!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Votes
karstenkoehler
Solution

Create Contacts

Résolue

Hi @JHebert,

It can make sense to create contact records for employees. Usually this happens organically when users want to test certain things (submit a form, log an activity).

If you have a Professional subscription, you can label/tag these contacts by setting a value in a custom property or use the existing Persona property. It should be easy to identify all these contacts by filtering for Email domain. If you do this, you can exclude the contacts from views, reports etc – this would otherwise be the main issue with having them in your CRM.

As far as potential problems go, these contacts might count towards your total billable contacts.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.