Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

DJohnson4
Contributor

Converting a single line property into a date property

SOLVE

Hi,

Is it possible to convert a single-line text field into a date picker property?

We are a travel company that has a chatbot live on our website as another channel for people to request a quote.

One of the queries in this chatbot is "When are you looking to depart?" We learned from Hubspot support that this must be entered in mm/dd/yyyy US format, regardless of the account default. However, as a UK-based company, our customers may not be aware that they must type the date in US format, even if prompted. As a solution, we are currently saving the response to a single-line text property. Unfortunately, this presents its own set of issues since customers can enter any text they choose. Furthermore, our reservation system, which receives the quotes via a webhook, is unable to read the date if customers write it out (e.g., Wednesday 28 February 2023) or include it in a sentence (e.g., I would like to depart on 28/02/23).

Is there any method to extract the date component from the single-line text property value and store it in a date picker property?

Many thanks,

David

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DJohnson4,

I'm not aware of any default workflow actions which would help with this. This can however be achieved with custom code actions and the help of a developer: https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/workflows/custom-code-actions

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DJohnson4,

I'm not aware of any default workflow actions which would help with this. This can however be achieved with custom code actions and the help of a developer: https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/workflows/custom-code-actions

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes