Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

MarshallAMS
Participant

Contacts who left company

SOLVE

We have a good amount of historical contacts who have left their company/no longer have valid email addresses but we do not want to delete them. Is there a property to associate people who "left company" for ease of viewing and filtering, vs currently making their title "left company" ?

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MarshallAMS,

HubSpot doesn't have a default property for this so you could create a custom property Left company, with two options "Yes" and "No", for example.

You could add this property to the contact record sidebar for easy access: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/customize-record-sidebars

By the way, usually you'll find out about the fact that a contact left their company when the email address hard bounces. You can filter for Email hard bounce reason "Unknown user" or "Other", these inboxes do probably not exist anymore. If you emailed them before, these are probably contacts that have left the company.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
ConnorSlivensky
Key Advisor | Elite Partner
Key Advisor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

I believe you should have the ability to make custom properties in Sales Professional. If so I would just make a single textbox property for "still at company" or something similar and then you can use that property going forward to filter in/out those contacts. As far as applying that property I'd stick them in a list (if they aren't already) and run it through a workflow to apply the inactive contacts with the no tag.

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MarshallAMS,

HubSpot doesn't have a default property for this so you could create a custom property Left company, with two options "Yes" and "No", for example.

You could add this property to the contact record sidebar for easy access: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/customize-record-sidebars

By the way, usually you'll find out about the fact that a contact left their company when the email address hard bounces. You can filter for Email hard bounce reason "Unknown user" or "Other", these inboxes do probably not exist anymore. If you emailed them before, these are probably contacts that have left the company.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.