Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

AlyssaMarie
Participant

Contacts who are no longer at the company - getting billed vs losing data

Résolue

We are a subscription SAAS company. For every Company we have, we have 1-2 contacts on which we maintain extensive notes/records.  

In our industry, our contacts frequently change. In a given year, we might have 2-3 contacts change in a company. 

For this scenario:

Jane Doe is our main contact at company ABCD.  She leaves her position and John Smith is takes over

How do I:

-Ensure that I am not billed for Jane Doe since she is no longer a valid email address

-Not lose all of the data on the company record that is associated with Jane Doe? 

1 Solution acceptée
ajwiggins85
Solution
Contributeur

Résolue

Hi Alyssa, 

Great questions! Unfortunately, at this time, there isn't a way to keep contacts and not pay a fee for the associated contact record.

One solution I've seen business in your situation use to reduce costs is to update the name and email on the original contact record.  This approach will allow you to keep all of your notes and only pay for the live contact. 

If a company transition from two contacts to one contact, you can merge those records. I know this is a band-aid solution, but I hope it helps. 

Cheers, 

- Adam

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

4 Réponses
ajwiggins85
Solution
Contributeur

Résolue

Hi Alyssa, 

Great questions! Unfortunately, at this time, there isn't a way to keep contacts and not pay a fee for the associated contact record.

One solution I've seen business in your situation use to reduce costs is to update the name and email on the original contact record.  This approach will allow you to keep all of your notes and only pay for the live contact. 

If a company transition from two contacts to one contact, you can merge those records. I know this is a band-aid solution, but I hope it helps. 

Cheers, 

- Adam

AlyssaMarie
Participant

Résolue

This is a really helpful solution and completly feasible for us -  thank you!  

0 Votes
ajwiggins85
Contributeur

Résolue

@AlyssaMarie - You're welcome! To help the rest of the community, would you mind marking this as a solution?

0 Votes
AlyssaMarie
Participant

Résolue

Yes! I am new and didnt know that was a thing. Should be done. Thanks again! 

0 Votes