Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

CMcRae-Thompson
Participant

Contacts not re-enrolling in workflow due to backend limitation

SOLVE

I have two workflows utilized by a lead generation team that require re-enrollment but contacts are not currently re-enrolling since their activity-based triggers are not eligible conditions. I contacted HubSpot support and they said it was due to a backend limitation. I need to find a work around aside from manually enrolling contacts.

Here's background: Our lead gen team calls a prospect for the first time and if the call outcome is eligible then the prospect enrolls into Workflow 1 for subsequent email actions. 7 days later, the prospect will get called a 2nd time and if the call outcome is eligible then the prospect enrolls into Workflow 2.

Here is where we are running into the issue - 120 days after their 2nd call, prospects are eligible to be called again. Lead gen starts the cycle over again except this time the prospect won't enter the workflows since they can't be re-enrolled.

HubSpot support recommended combining the 2 workflows and then duplicating the intial actions following a 120 day delay (thus the prospect would remain enrolled the entire time.) Unfortuantely, this workaround is not suitable as the triggers/branches are based on call outcomes unique to each call attempt and the workflow can't continue on forever as we repeat the 120 day call cycle several times. 

Thanks in advance!

CMcRaeThompson_0-1685725224401.pngCMcRaeThompson_1-1685725270812.png

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CMcRae-Thompson,

You're correct, activity properties can't be used for re-enrollment. However, this can be easily bypassed using an active contact-based list.

Create a contact-based that specifies the criteria as per your current enrollment triggers. Additionally, filter for the activity date to be less than a day ago. That will make a contact enter the list when there is a call, then leave the list after 24 hours. Once the contact meets the list criteria again, they will re-enter.

This means that you can now use the membership of a contact in the list as a re-enrollment trigger in your workflow.

The only limitation is that it doesn't work for multiple calls within 24 hours.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CMcRae-Thompson,

You're correct, activity properties can't be used for re-enrollment. However, this can be easily bypassed using an active contact-based list.

Create a contact-based that specifies the criteria as per your current enrollment triggers. Additionally, filter for the activity date to be less than a day ago. That will make a contact enter the list when there is a call, then leave the list after 24 hours. Once the contact meets the list criteria again, they will re-enter.

This means that you can now use the membership of a contact in the list as a re-enrollment trigger in your workflow.

The only limitation is that it doesn't work for multiple calls within 24 hours.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.