Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

LKaro

Contacts from a list don't appear

SOLVE

Help! 🙂

I have created two CSV contact file imports.  The lists appear but the contacts are not visible when I open my contact window?  Is there a step I am missing?  If I try and create a new contact from one that has been imported it states its a duplicate but again I don't see it under my ownership or unassigned... What am I missing?  Where did they go?  Please make me a hero and help figure this out.  Lynne

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

@LKaro wrote:

Help! 🙂

You need somebody? Not just anybody?

From what you're describing it sounds like the contact already exists in the CRM but you do not have the permissions to view the contact. An admin might have limited your view access to certain contacts. This can be adjusted by following these steps: Edit user permissions (CRM tab > Object access)

In other words: The contact was probably imported correctly but it already existed, however assigned to another owner or team which is outside of your view permissions.

You would have to reach out to an admin or someone you know has broad permissions to check this. With your user account, you won't be able to solve this.

(Technically, you could change the Contact owner via import, by adding a Contact owner column to your import file and filling each cell in that column with your email address. However, this will make a lot of other people unhappy who will lose access to contacts they had access to before.)

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

@LKaro wrote:

Help! 🙂

You need somebody? Not just anybody?

From what you're describing it sounds like the contact already exists in the CRM but you do not have the permissions to view the contact. An admin might have limited your view access to certain contacts. This can be adjusted by following these steps: Edit user permissions (CRM tab > Object access)

In other words: The contact was probably imported correctly but it already existed, however assigned to another owner or team which is outside of your view permissions.

You would have to reach out to an admin or someone you know has broad permissions to check this. With your user account, you won't be able to solve this.

(Technically, you could change the Contact owner via import, by adding a Contact owner column to your import file and filling each cell in that column with your email address. However, this will make a lot of other people unhappy who will lose access to contacts they had access to before.)

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

LKaro

SOLVE
Thank you!