Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

jons47
メンバー

Contact to customer conversion on deals with multiple contacts

解決

Hello,

I'm curious if anyone has a best practice for data management on deals that have multiple contacts.

Our B2B sales process collects contacts from a website. Those contacts get qualified and some eventually turn into deals. Some of those deals turn into signed customers. 

We like to run analytics on our contacts because they're most closely tied to our marketing activity, but these deals with multiple contacts end up inflating the actual conversion (i.e. a deal with 3 contacts will be triple counted).

Does anyone have a good way of managing this? Right now, we are manually downgrading some contacts in these deals to a lifecycle stage of "other", but was curious if there were a more elegant solution.

Thank you!

0 いいね!
1件の承認済みベストアンサー
Phil_Vallender
解決策
最優秀メンバー | Diamond Partner

解決

Hi @jons47 

You have a couple of choices:

1. You could turn off automatic lifecycle stage synchronisation so that only the specific contacts (and companies) associated with deals become opportunities or customers
  2. You could move your reporting to show the conversion rate of companies from lead to customer

I create custom properties and workflows so that the lifecycle of companies follows that of contacts even at MQL and SQL stage, and I capture the date the company becomes an MQL and so on, so that I can report on, for example, number of company MQLs created over time. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

元の投稿で解決策を見る

1件の返信
Phil_Vallender
解決策

解決

Hi @jons47 

You have a couple of choices:

1. You could turn off automatic lifecycle stage synchronisation so that only the specific contacts (and companies) associated with deals become opportunities or customers
  2. You could move your reporting to show the conversion rate of companies from lead to customer

I create custom properties and workflows so that the lifecycle of companies follows that of contacts even at MQL and SQL stage, and I capture the date the company becomes an MQL and so on, so that I can report on, for example, number of company MQLs created over time. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency