Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

CSG
Teilnehmer/-in | Partner
Teilnehmer/-in | Partner

Contact Property Strategy

lösung

I am pretty new hubspot partner and have a client with  several distinct personas and distinct service offerings within each persona.

In order only send information a contact might have an interest in I want to build a  Contact Property that will allow us to manually assign properties to a contact or have them self-select via a contact form. 

My plan is to build a new contact property called "Area of Interest" with a drop down option to select one or more of the services and add it to the contact us from.

Below is the list of servcies a contact may be interested in. It is pretty long.

Is it too long?

Could I make a few categories like Rehearsal Space with selections under each category?? A Group called Area of Interest and several categories under that? 

Monthly Rehearsal

Daily/Hourly Rehearsal

Weekly Rehearsal

Rap Vocal Recording 

Band Recording

Recording

Voice-Over/Podcast

Music Video

Guitar/Amp Repair

Commercial Audio

Commercial Video

Drum Practice

Do It Yourself Recording

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
relabidin
Lösung
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna

lösung

Hi @CSG,

In my opinion, that list of services/areas of interest is not too long at all. I have seen MUCH longer form fields in my day and I would argue that yours is a good length.

That being said, if you wanted to be fancy you could break these areas of interest into categories use Dependent form fields to display each individual service depending on which area of interest is selected.

For example, you could create a Contact property Area of Interest and one of the options could be Rehearsal, and if someone selects that option another form field will pop out with all of your rehearsal options.

I definitely recommend checking out that help article I linked to above for details on using dependent form fields, but in my opinion, I think your list is not too long and you can use it as is.

Rami 

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

2 Antworten
relabidin
Lösung
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna

lösung

Hi @CSG,

In my opinion, that list of services/areas of interest is not too long at all. I have seen MUCH longer form fields in my day and I would argue that yours is a good length.

That being said, if you wanted to be fancy you could break these areas of interest into categories use Dependent form fields to display each individual service depending on which area of interest is selected.

For example, you could create a Contact property Area of Interest and one of the options could be Rehearsal, and if someone selects that option another form field will pop out with all of your rehearsal options.

I definitely recommend checking out that help article I linked to above for details on using dependent form fields, but in my opinion, I think your list is not too long and you can use it as is.

Rami 

CSG
Teilnehmer/-in | Partner
Teilnehmer/-in | Partner

lösung

This is exacltly what I need. Although based on your feedback I might just keep it simple and use that list as is if it is not too long. 

Thanks