Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

VPauliukevich

Configuration of conversation owners and external integration of a widget in Hubspot inbox.

SOLVE

Hi, there!

I will be happy if you help me with two questions:

1.  Our team wants to integrate a widget of Localise Messages service into Hubspot Inbox, so this widged will catch the messages from the inbox and display the translation of messages. Is there any API which allows to do this?
  2.  I'm looking for the way how to configure a conversation assignment depanding in what language the conversation has started .
    For example, if the conversation has started in English, then owner of this conversation is "Agent 1". If the conversation has started in Spanish, then owner of this conversation is "Agent 2". Is it possible to configure in Workflows or in other ways?

Here is about how Localise Messages workes with Intercom: https://docs.lokalise.com/en/articles/6092383-lokalise-messages-for-intercom-language-based-routing-....

Thank you in advance!
0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
LMeert
Solution
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

Configuration of conversation owners and external integration of a widget in Hubspot inbox.

SOLVE

Hi @VPauliukevich,

Not sure how you would add a widget to the HubSpot interface, especially the inbox.
As stated in this post (relatively old but I don't think much has changed in that regard), and to my knowledge, there is no way to interact with any Hubspot UI element.

However, you could leverage CRM extensions, they are bundled within an app and let you add custom actions to a contact, deal, company or ticket.
You could use the tickets API to get incoming tickets get the language, translate them, send the new content on the ticket as a comment (or simply add an action to display the translated conversation within an iframe) and also update the language of the ticket (via a custom ticket property -> i.e. ticket_language).

Then you can create a workflow based on tickets, that will start whenever the ticket_language property has a value, switch on the ticket language and use the action : "set property value" to attribute an owner to the ticket.

LMeert_0-1652792178258.png

Not sure how you could achieve that for conversations, and I'm quite sure at the moment this is not something possible. If you try editing conversation owners from a workflow you'll see they are read-only properties.

Furthermore, you can't edit conversation properties so there's no clean way to label them by their language.

Hope this helps !
If it does, please consider marking this answer as a solution, and otherwise I hope the others will have better news for you 🙂

Best,

Ludwig

Ps: Thanks @TiphaineCuisset for mentionning me here, that's a very interesting problem !

Agence Mi4 - Data DrivenCTO @ Mi4
Hubspot Platinum Partner and Integration Expert

Passionate human, very curious about everything data and automation.

Any problem with Hubspot you need help solving ?

Let me know !

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @VPauliukevich 

Thank you for reaching out.

I want to tag some of our experts here - @himanshurauthan @LMeert @Mike_Eastwood do you have any suggestions for @VPauliukevich on this?

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

LMeert
Solution
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @VPauliukevich,

Not sure how you would add a widget to the HubSpot interface, especially the inbox.
As stated in this post (relatively old but I don't think much has changed in that regard), and to my knowledge, there is no way to interact with any Hubspot UI element.

However, you could leverage CRM extensions, they are bundled within an app and let you add custom actions to a contact, deal, company or ticket.
You could use the tickets API to get incoming tickets get the language, translate them, send the new content on the ticket as a comment (or simply add an action to display the translated conversation within an iframe) and also update the language of the ticket (via a custom ticket property -> i.e. ticket_language).

Then you can create a workflow based on tickets, that will start whenever the ticket_language property has a value, switch on the ticket language and use the action : "set property value" to attribute an owner to the ticket.

LMeert_0-1652792178258.png

Not sure how you could achieve that for conversations, and I'm quite sure at the moment this is not something possible. If you try editing conversation owners from a workflow you'll see they are read-only properties.

Furthermore, you can't edit conversation properties so there's no clean way to label them by their language.

Hope this helps !
If it does, please consider marking this answer as a solution, and otherwise I hope the others will have better news for you 🙂

Best,

Ludwig

Ps: Thanks @TiphaineCuisset for mentionning me here, that's a very interesting problem !

Agence Mi4 - Data DrivenCTO @ Mi4
Hubspot Platinum Partner and Integration Expert

Passionate human, very curious about everything data and automation.

Any problem with Hubspot you need help solving ?

Let me know !