Conditional logic in Properties

sandrine_OP

Hi Community

Is there a way to create a property that is linked by conditional logic to another property.

i.e. I have a list of "general" issue, but I want the support team to be able to select sub issues when they select one of the entries for the general issue.

Thannks!

10 Replies 10
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @sandrine_OP,

While that is an option in HubSpot forms, it isn't possible when filling in properties on the contact record level within HubSpot.

Thanks,
Jenny

SteveMatlick
Contributor

Hi,

Is it safe to assume this isn't available on the ticket object either?

Scenario:  Category would be 'How Do I?', 'Technical Issue', 'Billing Issue'  and then a custom property called 'Sub-Category' would be dependent on the Category field to a) become active for data entry and b) would dynamically allow values associated with the value selected in the Category property.   This is pretty common in most ticketing systems and for most service organizations.

Thanks!

jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @SteveMatlick,

Correct; the information would have to be associated with a form submission in order for the logic to be available.

Thank you,
Jenny

Brittany-RG
Contributor

Would be extremely useful for agents to have conditional formatting when manually filling in tickets not from a form. Following thread.

robertriversoz
Contributor | Platinum Partner

Oh, man! Please, please, please! Let's have this on all objects!

melmarsh
Participant

This is definitely something needed. CRM platforms such as Salesforce have such customisable fields that allow an admin/developer to capture data using conditional logic. It is really disappointing that hubspot does not have this

dkeir
Participant

We are also looking for something like this - we want users to select a location, and for conditional logic to then show the user the only appropiate options within a property.  For example, user selects location A from dropdown and then have option to select marketing source property with options 1, 2 or 3.  But if they select location B, the marketing source can be 4, 5 or 6. 

Grey
Participant

Conditional logic for companies and contacts would make segmentation easier. It is essential for targeted marketing. Make it simple for our users when creating new entries!

0 Upvotes
jphilbrook
Participant | Partner

Agreed. Everything gets cluttered without it. 

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager

Hi @jphilbrook and other people in this thread, 

This is not possible at this stage within HubSpot, I'd recommend upvoting this Idea in our Ideas Forum regarding this. You can also subscribe to the idea (Options > Subscribe) to get notified if the status changes. 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes