Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

KNichols
Participant

Conditional Content in Email Campaign

Résolue

Hello,

I'm coming from ActiveCampaign, which had a really nice feature where you could hide content in an email based on field values, list membership, tags, etc. 

Does something similar exist in HS? So far I've only found Smart Rules, but that only applies to the subject line and sender.  I'm interested in hiding an article in our newsleter if the contact is not on a specific list.

Thanks in advance!

1 Solution acceptée
karstenkoehler
Solution
Au panthéon de la communauté | Partenaire solutions

Résolue

Hi @KNichols,

Smart rules can also be applied to email body modules, more on that here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/website-pages/create-and-manage-smart-content-rules#add-smart-content-...

karstenkoehler_0-1632548440793.png

There currently isn't an option to hide modules based on a smart rule however, you'd have to create two versions of the body, one that includes the article, another that doesn't.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

6 Réponses
JoelHughes
Participant

Résolue

Hi, 

just to say that the 'conditional content' function in Active Campaign was very powerful and would be a great addition here

Joel Hughes

CKrohn
Participant

Résolue

This would be a fantastic feature!

We send out subscription reminders to our customers, and it would be great to only include informaton on their discount if they have a discount in their subscription.

0 Votes
LBodo
Participant

Résolue

Not being able to hide modules when a rule isn't met is a huge limitation for us.  I want to be able to leave certain modules out if a rule (e.g. list membership) is not met. Right now the only possibility is leaving an awkward white space.

KNichols
Participant

Résolue

Ah, thank you @karstenkoehler ! That will do. Much appreciated.

karstenkoehler
Solution

Résolue

Hi @KNichols,

Smart rules can also be applied to email body modules, more on that here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/website-pages/create-and-manage-smart-content-rules#add-smart-content-...

karstenkoehler_0-1632548440793.png

There currently isn't an option to hide modules based on a smart rule however, you'd have to create two versions of the body, one that includes the article, another that doesn't.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

JLoomis
Participant

Résolue

Hello,

Currently it seems like the only conditional objects that we can use are lists. Is that correct, and if so, is there any plan to expand it to ticket properties?

Thank you,

Joseph