Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

dcbullard104
Participant

Company information, does it append contacts as they fill out forms?

SOLVE

Although at this point I am a seasoned HubSpot user - I think I have a basic question.  We do not access Company information through HubSpot (not by my choice!).  If we populated company information as another data dimension - would that populate information into contact data as new contacts enter the system?

Example:  ABC Company profile is in HubSpot - Jane Smith from ABC Company fills out a form and is net new in HubSpot - would the ABC Company profile complete Jane's contact profile - with the information that is already populated - industry?  number of employees?  DUNS number? Company Address? Etc.  

Any advice is greatly appreciated.  I think this is one area of our usage is not being used smartly.  

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @dcbullard104,

HubSpot will associate the new contact record with the existing company record by looking at the domain name – but there isn't any additional synchronisation going on. (This is causing frustration for some users, since the contact Industry property can have a different value than the company Industry property, for example.)

There are some properties which update across records, for example company Lifecycle stage can by synced across all associated records. Properties like Number of employees, Street address etc don't sync automatically, you would have to set up workflows to copy values from company records into contact records. (If you want to set up these kinds of workflows and need help, let me know. A company will not automatically re-enroll in a copy-workflow when a new contact enters the system since a new contact cannot be used as a re-enrollment criterion  – you'd need an additional contact-based workflow which triggers a copy-"refresh").

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @dcbullard104,

HubSpot will associate the new contact record with the existing company record by looking at the domain name – but there isn't any additional synchronisation going on. (This is causing frustration for some users, since the contact Industry property can have a different value than the company Industry property, for example.)

There are some properties which update across records, for example company Lifecycle stage can by synced across all associated records. Properties like Number of employees, Street address etc don't sync automatically, you would have to set up workflows to copy values from company records into contact records. (If you want to set up these kinds of workflows and need help, let me know. A company will not automatically re-enroll in a copy-workflow when a new contact enters the system since a new contact cannot be used as a re-enrollment criterion  – you'd need an additional contact-based workflow which triggers a copy-"refresh").

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.