Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

wmflan39
Contributor

Collecting PDF view metrics

Is there a HubSpot-y method to report PDF views, akin to Gogle Analytics 'Events' that would allow me to summarize how many of each PDF was viewed (links clicked) or downloaded for a given period?

Thanks for your time.

WmF

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
danmoyle
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

Hi @wmflan39. Are you using Sales Documents in HubSpot? That's a great way to track PDF views. 

If you're talking marketing, ythere's a request being reviewed by HubSpot to track how many times a PDF is downloaded for viewing here. I'd suggest upvoting the Idea. 

Also in marketing hub, you can measure things like form submissions (to get to the file) or CTA cliskcs (which redirect to the PDF). Those would ways I'd track how many people are interacting with my PDF downloads. 

Thanks! 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

Learning Ops | Impulse Creative

[he/him/his]

239-244-8812 | 269-330-4696
dan@impulsecreative.com
https://impulsecreative.com/
0 Upvotes
wmflan39
Contributor

@danmoyle

Thanks for the response!

Our Sales team is glommed onto MSDynamics 😢, so that tool isn't available (yet). I deliver collaterals from the file manager.

Upvoted! Thanks.

I pass the filename and title in the requesting URL to the form and HubL, but that's only really useful for review of individual contacts; nothing aggregated.
danmoyle

@wmflan39 bummer - I know the feeling of disconnected systems. I hope you find a solution here or the team sees the value in HubSpot vs. Dynamics. 

You could maybe make a tracking URL in HubSpot for each PDF hosted in HS, then send it to the sales folks. Super manual and convoluted, but may help with some tracking. Wish I had an "easy button" for you! 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

Learning Ops | Impulse Creative

[he/him/his]

239-244-8812 | 269-330-4696
dan@impulsecreative.com
https://impulsecreative.com/