Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

crashimir
Participant

Closed Lost Reason (Dropdown + Note)

SOLVE

Hi there,

Is there a plan to develop the ability to insert a note for Closed Lost Reason along with the option from the dropdown? 

For example, we have a bunch of competitors, and sometimes customers decide to go with them instead of us. I'd like to be able to see that we've lost the deal because of competitors. So, I created a reason that says "Went with competition". 

The issue is that we can't add a note along with the dropdown options to mark down which competitor it was. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @crashimir,

This has been requested by many users before: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Conditional-Properties/idi-p/299872

So far, the product team hasn't responded to the request yet. I'd recommend upvoting, commenting and sharing as the product team reviews these requests based on their popularity.

You can also make it easier for others to find this request by accepting my reply as a solution. I'd appreciate it.

As an interim solution, I like to simply specify within the dropdown that another field below should be filled in, e.g. "Went with competition (please specify below)".

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @crashimir,

This has been requested by many users before: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Conditional-Properties/idi-p/299872

So far, the product team hasn't responded to the request yet. I'd recommend upvoting, commenting and sharing as the product team reviews these requests based on their popularity.

You can also make it easier for others to find this request by accepting my reply as a solution. I'd appreciate it.

As an interim solution, I like to simply specify within the dropdown that another field below should be filled in, e.g. "Went with competition (please specify below)".

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

crashimir
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Karsten, thanks for the reply. Much appreciated.

Can you tell me more about the "specify below" option. How do you set that up for yourself? 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @crashimir,

In the property settings, you would change "Went with competition" to "Went with competition (please specify below)".

Via the sidebar options, you can then place a competitor dropdown directly below the closed lost reason in the sidebar: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/customize-record-sidebars

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

crashimir
Participant

SOLVE

Ah, ok, makes sense, that's what I thought I'd do as well. Appreciate your input 🙂 

0 Upvotes