Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

Paul_AWAL
Participant

Checking list / questionnaire in the workflow

SOLVE

Hi everyone,

We are new memebers of the community and have very little knowledge of the platform. Our onboarding will begin on next week. I'm doing some preliminary research to learn how easy it would be to build and implement our existing sales workflow in the system. I tried to find an answer for my question in the Knoldge base, but did not succeed. Your advices, comments, and sharing the best practices will be highly appreciated.

We need to build into the workflow a checking list / questionnaire with mandatory and optional fields to fullfil at the beggining of the projects. If any required information is missing, e.g. a field remains blank, the system does not allow moving to the next step in the workflow.

How could it be implemented?

If there is an answer for this question somewhere in the FAQ please point me to the article.

Thanks,

Paul

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Paul_AWAL,

The link is correct 🙂 The idea is that each of your checklist points corresponds to a property in HubSpot. Whether this would be a deal or a ticket process is up to you. Both move through stages and you can set up required properties (see the link) to block them from progressing until the field have a value.

If someone tries to move the record, they would be prompted to fill the missing field before the record can progress.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
SRamirez12
Participant

SOLVE

Hi! i have de same question

<

Thanks again for your support.

I figured out how to create properties and link them to the stages (thanks for the link). I need a multi-field questionnaire where values in different fields could be text or numbers. The process shouldn’t move further untill the form is 100% completed. What would you recommend for property for this scenario?>> what is the anserw?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Paul_AWAL,

If you're using deals or tickets for managing these steps, then you can define required property for each step, see here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-deals/set-up-and-customize-your-deal-pipelines-and-deal-stages#to-...

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Paul_AWAL
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler ,

Thank you for your prompt responce. I'm afariad I do not undersatand your reply.  The attached link led me to the irrelevant guidline. 
Could you clarify?

Thanks,

Paul

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Paul_AWAL,

The link is correct 🙂 The idea is that each of your checklist points corresponds to a property in HubSpot. Whether this would be a deal or a ticket process is up to you. Both move through stages and you can set up required properties (see the link) to block them from progressing until the field have a value.

If someone tries to move the record, they would be prompted to fill the missing field before the record can progress.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Paul_AWAL
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler,

Thanks again for your support.

I figured out how to create properties and link them to the stages (thanks for the link). I need a multi-field questionnaire where values in different fields could be text or numbers. The process shouldn’t move further untill the form is 100% completed. What would you recommend for property for this scenario?

Thanks,

Paul

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Paul_AWAL,

Which HubSpot subscription level are you on?

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
Paul_AWAL
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler ,

It's Sales Hub Professional.

BR,

Paul

0 Upvotes
Paul_AWAL
Participant