Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

JDijksman

Chatbot setup

SOLVE

Hi

I am trying to create a chatbot for our website through Hubspot and I am a little stuck. I have two main issues at present.

1. Please could you someone explain how I can create an action that prompts a visitor to enter an order number, in order to progress to the next action in the flow?

2. Is it possible to have an if/then branch based on quick choices in the chat flow? When I create an if/then branch it wants me to set it up based on property values in Hubspot, but I am setting up the chat bot to provide yes/no options and have different branches based on whichever is chosen.

Thanks in advance.

Jonathan

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Jnix284
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Chatbot setup

SOLVE

Hi @JDijksman  Happy to help work through your questions.

1. Is the order number a property you already have stored somewhere or are you trying to capture a new value in the CRM?

If you want to capture a new value, you could create a property for "chat order number" and prompt them to enter their order number using this bot action for create contact property.

2. yes you can use if/then in the chatflow based on their responses, unless you are using Free/Starter tier. Here is the documentation for if/then branches with the steps

Thanks @TiphaineCuisset 🙂

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Jnix284
Solution

Chatbot setup

SOLVE

Hi @JDijksman  Happy to help work through your questions.

1. Is the order number a property you already have stored somewhere or are you trying to capture a new value in the CRM?

If you want to capture a new value, you could create a property for "chat order number" and prompt them to enter their order number using this bot action for create contact property.

2. yes you can use if/then in the chatflow based on their responses, unless you are using Free/Starter tier. Here is the documentation for if/then branches with the steps

Thanks @TiphaineCuisset 🙂

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Chatbot setup

SOLVE

Hi @JDijksman 

Thank you for reaching out.

I want to tag some of our experts here - @ChrisoKlepke @jolle @Jnix284 do you have any advice for @JDijksman on this? 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !