Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

SBrown6
Contributor

Change order of pipeline logic properties on "create" form

SOLVE

I know how to change the order of my properties on my create forms (e.g. create ticket, create deal), it's straight forward and works well.

However when I add Pipeline Logic (which is a great feature), I am not able to set the order of these properties manually.

When choosing the properties, it looks like they are mostly ordered alphabetically ascending, so I thought a quick work around would be to list my properties as A., B., C., etc. which should order alphabetically. However even this workaround doesn't work, it seems the order of the properties is random.

Does anyone have any insight into how this ordering works, or advice on overcoming this missing feature?

It's a simple thing but it really can impact the experience when a user is filling in a create form, as certain fields should be grouped together as they are related, and some fields should be at the end (e.g. "Any additional notes" which should obviously come last, but usually appears at the top or middle of the form!)

Ticket settings:

Screenshot 2023-04-06 at 13.55.44.png

Even between the left panel which shows the order, and the fields in the pipeline in the middle of the page are ordered differently... 

Screenshot 2023-04-06 at 13.58.02.png

Create ticket form:

Screenshot 2023-04-06 at 13.56.45.png

1 Accepted solution
SBrown6
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

We've just enrolled in the new Beta that solves this, "[Public Beta] Add conditional logic to the 'Create record' form".

It works perfectly, great addition from HubSpot 👍

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
SBrown6
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

We've just enrolled in the new Beta that solves this, "[Public Beta] Add conditional logic to the 'Create record' form".

It works perfectly, great addition from HubSpot 👍

LAkbas
Participant

SOLVE

Same problem here, it totalyl obscures the user experience for our team. We need this asap

DWilliams60
Participant

SOLVE

Yes - not being able to control the order of presenting properties when using pipeline logic almost defeats the object of having pipeline logic in the first place!

This is a flaw that HubSpot should look at ASAP

GrayMom
Participant

SOLVE

I am in the same boat, and also had the idea to label properties a), b), c), etc in order to force the questions into a logical order. I'm hoping a solution is found soon. 

SBrown6
Contributor

SOLVE

I've found that for the pipeline conditional properties, they are ordered alphabetically but using the property label, not the property name.

This could be a useful way of being able to order the properties, but we aren't able to edit the label of a property (even though it looks like you can edit the label, but the "save" button is greyed out, perhaps this is coming soon?

Of course the best solution would be to allow us to edit the order of the properties, just like we can do for the regular properties!