Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

bkmetz
Membre

Can you convert a static list to an active list

Résolue

I imported a list into Hubspot.  The List is now static.  I would like it to be active so that I can add and remove contacts from the list.  Is there a way to convert a static list to an active list?

1 Solution acceptée
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Membre irremplaçable | Partenaire solutions Diamond

Résolue

Hi @bkmetz 

You can't make a static list into an active one. And if you could, I wouldn't recommend that you do that with, or that you add and remove contracts from, you import list - I would keep that as a permanent record of your import. 

Furthermore, you can manually add and remove contacts from a static list, whereas with an active list contacts can only be added or removed by meeting or not meeting the list criteria - so it may still be a static list you want, which you could create by cloning your import list. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

5 Réponses
GEastham
Participant

Résolue

So short answer, not to my knowledge.  BUT - you can create a new active list, then set a filter for list membership "is a member" of the imported static list.  Then add your additional filters for other criteria.  I assume you may have already hit upon this solution since the original post was from last year.  At least any new people hitting this topic will also see this potential workaround. 

0 Votes
LGregory76
Participant

Résolue

I would like this to an option as well

karstenkoehler
Au panthéon de la communauté | Partenaire solutions
Au panthéon de la communauté | Partenaire solutions

Résolue

Hi @LGregory76,

In the case you're describing, you can easily add the contacts to the static list: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/lists/add-or-remove-contacts-from-a-list#add-or-remove-records-from-a-...

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

JRWDevelopment
Membre

Résolue

I don't think this is what anyone is asking for. What we want is the ability to import a list and have that list be an active list. For instance, we have 500 contacts in our main account and a some of them meet the criteria for the list. When we import them to a sandbox account that has a completely different contact list, we want to see if they are correctly added to the list. With an active list, it would automatically update to include the contacts in the sandbox account that meet the criteria for the list. 
If we had to manually add the contacts to the list, that would completely defeat the purpose of importing the list to begin with.

Phil_Vallender
Solution

Résolue

Hi @bkmetz 

You can't make a static list into an active one. And if you could, I wouldn't recommend that you do that with, or that you add and remove contracts from, you import list - I would keep that as a permanent record of your import. 

Furthermore, you can manually add and remove contacts from a static list, whereas with an active list contacts can only be added or removed by meeting or not meeting the list criteria - so it may still be a static list you want, which you could create by cloning your import list. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency