Can you convert a static list to an active list

SOLVE
Highlighted

I imported a list into Hubspot.  The List is now static.  I would like it to be active so that I can add and remove contacts from the list.  Is there a way to convert a static list to an active list?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Thought Leader | Diamond Partner

Hi @bkmetz 

You can't make a static list into an active one. And if you could, I wouldn't recommend that you do that with, or that you add and remove contracts from, you import list - I would keep that as a permanent record of your import. 

Furthermore, you can manually add and remove contacts from a static list, whereas with an active list contacts can only be added or removed by meeting or not meeting the list criteria - so it may still be a static list you want, which you could create by cloning your import list. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | Inbound marketing for B2B technology companies
1 Reply 1
Highlighted
Community Thought Leader | Diamond Partner

Hi @bkmetz 

You can't make a static list into an active one. And if you could, I wouldn't recommend that you do that with, or that you add and remove contracts from, you import list - I would keep that as a permanent record of your import. 

Furthermore, you can manually add and remove contacts from a static list, whereas with an active list contacts can only be added or removed by meeting or not meeting the list criteria - so it may still be a static list you want, which you could create by cloning your import list. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | Inbound marketing for B2B technology companies