MariaOrejuela
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Can I optimize my time even more?

Maria Alejandra Orejuela

Business Administrator and Digital Marketing Master

HubSpotter since January of 2020

effective-time-management-blog-header

Time management skills should be a “must - have” for every goal oriented person, it has been proven that properly organizing your tasks, prioritizing and approaching them will make you both: effective and efficient in your daily tasks.

However time management as a skill is not something you are born with, but should rather be developed through habits and strategies.

Consider these basics as general guidelines:

• Set realistic goals: Write your goal, set short-paced milestones and be specific.
  • Get organized: Create a task or checklist, use a calendar and plan in advance.
  • Delegate: Think whether you are the most suitable person for the task or if it is more efficient for another team member to take it instead.
  • Relax and recharge: Take a pause, breath and briefly distract your attention from working tasks.
  • Avoid procrastination & perfectionism: Do not always wait until the last minute or try to get it perfect all time.

Thankfully nowadays we have several tools that can help us out!

Calendar and meetings management isn’t always as simple as filling in your appointments and making sure there are no overlaps. Both require constant care and maintenance, which is where this guide comes in handy.

Here are a top 4 best tips for finding when to meet and book with your colleagues or prospects:

• Use a meeting set-up platform: If you’re someone who’s always booking new appointments with clients or colleagues, consider using an automated meeting set-up platform like HubSpot Meetings or Calendly for example.Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 9.49.34 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-06-04 at 9.52.48 AM.png
  • Always try to find the best time to meet: Avoid Mondays or Fridays early meetings (usually they are thinking about the weekend). Studies suggest people are more proficient in meetings from Tuesday through Thursday between timeslots: 10 a.m.  - 12: p.m. or 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m., for periods no longer than 40 minutes.

• Check the time zone of the attendees:  Always review the time zone of the attendees for everyone to be accordingly scheduled, rather in office hours.pinpng.com-people-png-6451228.png 
  • Set gaps for transitions: Important emails to answer, walk your dog , your children need attention or you just need a break. These are all reasons to schedule some time for yourself, just make sure to dedicate proper time to these so you can return to work focused.Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 10.56.50 AM.png

At HubSpot we love to provide our customers, employees and community  the best tips, tricks & tools that can facilitate their daily business! 

For us, each CRM feature talks about a user or prospect experience!

With the combination of:

Reachable goals + Great meetings + Using tools properly =

Rocking Productivity                       

Time to ask yourself, do you feel that you use your personal calendar assistant tool to its fullest? Are all of your team meetings necessary and do they serve their purpose?

“Practice the philosophy of continuous improvement. Get a little bit better every single day.” Brian Tracy

1 Reply 1
AndreaCharay
Participant

Can I optimize my time even more?

Amazing post! Everytime I submit a ticket, I know it is on the best hands with you
0 Upvotes