Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

MPetersen1
Participant

Can I make a list with restored companies

SOLVE

I need to restore some companies and I want to make a list so I do not loose them. Anyone know how to do this? 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MPetersen1,

There isn't a filter for finding deleted companies, unfortunately.

One option is copying all company names from the company bin and pasting them into an Excel file. If you prepare the file as explained here, you could create a company list, filtering for the company names: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/CRM/Filtering-a-view-with-a-comma-separated-list-of-company-IDs/m-p...

Yes, this is entirely manual and you'll have to repeat the process for multiple pages in the bin, unfortunately.

Besides that, you could filter for the Last modified date of the companies, once restored, but there isn't any guarantee you're not accidentally including companies which were modified on the same day – but not restored.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MPetersen1,

There isn't a filter for finding deleted companies, unfortunately.

One option is copying all company names from the company bin and pasting them into an Excel file. If you prepare the file as explained here, you could create a company list, filtering for the company names: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/CRM/Filtering-a-view-with-a-comma-separated-list-of-company-IDs/m-p...

Yes, this is entirely manual and you'll have to repeat the process for multiple pages in the bin, unfortunately.

Besides that, you could filter for the Last modified date of the companies, once restored, but there isn't any guarantee you're not accidentally including companies which were modified on the same day – but not restored.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

MPetersen1
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you for your reply Karsten 

My issue is that I need to delete contacts that were associated to the companies I have already deleted and I can not think of a smart way to do so. 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MPetersen1,

I understand - you'd have to look into the approach I proposed above.

Alternatively, if you can recall the criteria you used for deletion, you could restore the companies and build a list using the same criteria.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler