Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

PAtlan
Contributor

Can I limit possible values of a property based on another property?

SOLVE

Hi,

i would need to be able to select the possible values for a property in a given contact based on the value of ANOTHER property for this contact.

as an example: if Prop1 has value A, then Prop2 could take values A1, A2 and A3; if prop 1 is B, then prop2 can only be B1 or B2...

I'm pretty sure this doesn't work out of the box, but has anyone found a way to do it?

Thanks

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @PAtlan,

This is currently not possible and I'm not aware of any workarounds. However, it's being planned by the product team, see here: Field Dependencies for Contact Properties

The last update was posted in July 2022:

Hi folks,

I’m Shay Jones, the Product Manager on the CRM product team.

I'm happy to report that this Idea is now In Planning! Our team is actively researching and scoping out a solution for this feature.

The product development process is always filled with unexpected bumps and hurdles, so I can't give a timeline, but I am confident in saying we'll deliver this feature as soon as possible. If you are interested in giving feedback while we are in the research phase, please send me a message and we can set up some time to chat.

All updates will be relayed on this thread, so stay tuned!

Best,

Shay

I'd recommend upvoting the request to subscribe to updates.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @PAtlan,

This is currently not possible and I'm not aware of any workarounds. However, it's being planned by the product team, see here: Field Dependencies for Contact Properties

The last update was posted in July 2022:

Hi folks,

I’m Shay Jones, the Product Manager on the CRM product team.

I'm happy to report that this Idea is now In Planning! Our team is actively researching and scoping out a solution for this feature.

The product development process is always filled with unexpected bumps and hurdles, so I can't give a timeline, but I am confident in saying we'll deliver this feature as soon as possible. If you are interested in giving feedback while we are in the research phase, please send me a message and we can set up some time to chat.

All updates will be relayed on this thread, so stay tuned!

Best,

Shay

I'd recommend upvoting the request to subscribe to updates.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @PAtlan, happy Friday!

Let's invite our top experts to this conversation. Hello, @ElyshaShave @warrendavey any recommendations for the @PAtlan matter?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes