Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

pahy96
Participant

Can I create a link that opens the recipient's email client with a templated email?

SOLVE

I want to have a link in an email that says "Invite your friend" to subscribe.

I would like that link to act as a "mailto:" with a prefilled subject line and body text that only requires the user to enter the email of their friend and press send.

Is that a possibility?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Can I create a link that opens the recipient's email client with a templated email?

SOLVE

Hi @pahy96,

Yes, this is possible and since this type of link follows a simple syntax, you can use pretty much any online generator you find for this, for example: https://mailtolinkgenerator.com/

In the marketing email editor, not all link fields accept mail to links with parameters however. After placing such a link in a CTA or as a hyperlink in text, I'd recommend testing thoroughly whether it works.

If you're not able to get it to work, try adding it via the source code of the email directly:

karstenkoehler_0-1692936331931.png

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @pahy96,

Yes, this is possible and since this type of link follows a simple syntax, you can use pretty much any online generator you find for this, for example: https://mailtolinkgenerator.com/

In the marketing email editor, not all link fields accept mail to links with parameters however. After placing such a link in a CTA or as a hyperlink in text, I'd recommend testing thoroughly whether it works.

If you're not able to get it to work, try adding it via the source code of the email directly:

karstenkoehler_0-1692936331931.png

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

pahy96
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for the solution and the generator link!

0 Upvotes