Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

DzungLương
Participant

Can I Count number of Value in property?

SOLVE

I have a contact property named "X" that has value = "a/b/c" for every contact. Many Contacts can have the same email domain property, for example "aloha.com" (which means they have the same company)

my question is: Can I create another property to count the total number of value ="b" in "aloha.com" domain? 

Expected outcome: Property "Number of value = "b" = 10 for email domain  "aloha.com"

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DzungLương,

Thanks for tagging, @kvlschaefer. There might be an easier solution here, using calculation properties.

@DzungLương, you would create this calculation property for the company object. It would look like this:

karstenkoehler_0-1647979926523.png

This company property now counts the number of contacts with value B in this property and stores the number.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DzungLương,

Thanks for tagging, @kvlschaefer. There might be an easier solution here, using calculation properties.

@DzungLương, you would create this calculation property for the company object. It would look like this:

karstenkoehler_0-1647979926523.png

This company property now counts the number of contacts with value B in this property and stores the number.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

DzungLương
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you for your practical support. However, it didn't work in my case because:

• A/B/C is not the number value (it is a word), and I could not find it in the "additional Condition".
  • Also, if your suggestion worked, it would only solve 1/2 of my issue. (my issue are counting the number of value B + in 01 particular (@aloha.com) domain)
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DzungLương,

Regarding your first point, you would have to change the property type then. (If HubSpot can't offer a feature in a certain way, you need to adjust to it or accept that it's not possible, unfortunately.)

To your second point, could you please specify? A domain corresponds to a company record, 1:1. So for example, if you have contact records keanu@aloha.com, leilani@aloha.com with value B and kalani@aloha.com with value C, the property (as set up above) would show the number 2 on the company record with the Company domain name aloha.com. This would be calculated for each Company domain name ( = company record).

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

DzungLương
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Karsten,

So in my first point, can I workaround by creating a new number property [K], and then create a workflow to set (let's say) If Property [X] had value B -> then properly [K] = 1, otherwise,  properly [K] =0?

"if you have contact records keanu@aloha.com,leilani@aloha.com with value B and kalani@aloha.com with value C, the property (as set up above) would show the number 2 on the company record with the Company domain name aloha.com"

-> that's exactly what I want. 

-> My expected outcome is: I can know the company (@aloha) has 2 contacts having value B, company (@ola) has 4 contacts having value B,...

context: If I can have the Property "Number of value = "b" = 10 for email domain "aloha.com" -> I can  set up lead scoring mechanism in Hubspot.

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DzungLương,

@DzungLương wrote:

So in my first point, can I workaround by creating a new number property [K], and then create a workflow to set (let's say) If Property [X] had value B -> then properly [K] = 1, otherwise,  properly [K] =0?

Yes, that should work. I'd recommend creating the property first to see if you can reference it correctly in the calculation property – and then set up the workflow.

@DzungLương wrote:

"if you have contact records keanu@aloha.com,leilani@aloha.com with value B and kalani@aloha.com with value C, the property (as set up above) would show the number 2 on the company record with the Company domain name aloha.com"

-> that's exactly what I want. 

-> My expected outcome is: I can know the company (@aloha) has 2 contacts having value B, company (@ola) has 4 contacts having value B,...

context: If I can have the Property "Number of value = "b" = 10 for email domain "aloha.com" -> I can  set up lead scoring mechanism in Hubspot.

In that case, my outlined approach should work perfectly fine. You can find the instructions in my earlier post. Let me know if you're getting stuck at any stage.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

DzungLương
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Karsten,

It works!. Thank you so much for the support.

My only remaining concern is that:

In the future,  if "keanu@aloha.com,leilani@aloha.com with value B" -> this contact change value from B->C, Can the calculation property update itself or do we have to create a workflow to re-enroll keanu@aloha.com,leilani@aloha.com .

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DzungLương,

Calculation properties update dynamically in close to real-time.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @DzungLương,

Thanks for reaching out! 

At the moment this isn't possible in HubSpot. I wanted to refer you to this post where @karstenkoehler offers a workaround with a workflow. 

Best,

Kristen 

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !