Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

Zoominoff
Participant

CC'ing colleagues

Hi,

I've been testing hubspot recently. I'm primarily interested in using the Conversation (and perhaps the Ticket) tool as a means of interacting with customers, in place of regular ol' email.

I'm finding one bit of behavior odd.

Let's say a customer sends in an email to our support email address. Hubpot automatically imports it into the Conversation tool. All good so far.

Agent #1 responds from the Hubspot Conversation tool, and CC's a colleague- Agent #2.

I would expect that message to then show up in Agent #2's *hubspot* Conversation tool (ie, their "inbox"). The thread would get highlighted and moved to the top of their hubspot inbox (basically like any other email client). But that's not what happens. Instead, user 2 receives an email with Agent 1's comment, inline, with the customer CC'd. There isn't even a link to the Hubspot conversation for User 2 to click on, in order to allow them to respond from the Hubspot UI.

They could then respond directly from their email of course, but that would take the discussion offline- ie no longer being captured in the Hubspot Conversation. 

What I'm looking to do is keep all those customer interactions within Hubspot (ie, it should be our customer email "hub"). It would be fine if Hubspot  sent notification emails (with links back to the Conversation in Hubspot).

Perhaps I'm missing something. Thanks in advance for any tips.

-Zak

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
RomyFuchs1
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

CC'ing colleagues

Hi @Zoominoff 

For your wishes, I would suggest the comment function. Instead of replying to the customer's email and putting the colleague in CC, you reply to the customer by email and then write a short note in the comment function to the colleague, whom you mark with @.
Depending on their settings, the colleague will receive a notification via the icon in the top right corner of HubSpot or via email. In both cases, he or she is forwarded directly to the inbox and can read everything there.
You can find out more about this in this article.

Regards

facebooktwitterlinkedininstagram
Romy Fuchs

Head of Marketing | HubSpot Trainer

BEE Digital Growth GmbH

+41 (0) 43 336 9003 | +49 (0) 711 49010128
r.fuchs@bee.digital
https://www.bee.digital/
Relenbergstraße 6, 70174 Stuttgart
Termin vereinbaren
Zoominoff
Participant

CC'ing colleagues

Hi Romy,

Thanks for your response. I should have mentioned that we did test out the Comment tool as well, which is nice- a good feature to have for "offline" discussions regarding the customer issue. That serves a very useful purpose, for that use case.

But I'm still a bit surprised that there doesn't seem to be a way to use Hubspot as a "hub" for customer related communications- essentially an "email client for customer discussions". If a colleague is CC'd (from the hubspot client), the colleague should see that right in their hubspot inbox as an unread message. Sure, hubspot could also send an actual email (that could be configurable)...

Just my 2 cents, of course!

Thanks again, Romy!

-Zak

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

CC'ing colleagues

Hello @Zoominoff, Happy Monday!

I would like to invite some of our top experts to share their advice @SNigam @StefanWendt @RomyFuchs1 any recommendations to @Zoominoff?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !