Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

LStoichkova
Participant

Bulk contact's deletion from external list

SOLVE

I've been given a list of contacts (email address, first name, last name) that are already on our CRM and are no longer active users of their email inboxes and I simply want to delete them in bulk. Without checking each one manually is there a way to do this in bulk? 

I could upload a new list with them, but it could create duplicate records if there are typos (already experienced that). 

How can we do this? Thanks in advance for any help offered with this! 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @LStoichkova,

Importing and then bulk deleting these contacts would the best option, in my opinion.

If you do not want to import these contacts first, you can create an active contact list and filter by Email. You can then use this 'hack' to copy and paste all emails from your file into the Email filter field. (For large numbers of emails, your browser might slow down or crash.)

However, this will still not solve the issue if emails are spelled slightly differently. This is a margin of error you would either have to accept. (It would consider it unlikely that the email is misspelled.)

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @LStoichkova,

Importing and then bulk deleting these contacts would the best option, in my opinion.

If you do not want to import these contacts first, you can create an active contact list and filter by Email. You can then use this 'hack' to copy and paste all emails from your file into the Email filter field. (For large numbers of emails, your browser might slow down or crash.)

However, this will still not solve the issue if emails are spelled slightly differently. This is a margin of error you would either have to accept. (It would consider it unlikely that the email is misspelled.)

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

LStoichkova
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Karsten,

Thank you very much for your suggestion on that!

I went for your second idea - the excel 'hack' and got the job done well enough for me. The emails with typos are not too many so it will be easier for me to catch up only on themselves.

Thanks a bunch! 😊

0 Upvotes