Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

EditorSteve
Mitglied

Brand new to marketing - brand new to business - brand new to blogging...

lösung

Hey guys!

So I have just finished the inbound marketing certification and found all the information very useful and I am definitely starting to put it into practise.

However. I have a brand new website with a brand new blog - this means no posts no momentum etc. So my question is this - If I have an offer I wan to promote using a blogpost, leaving quality of content to the side for a moment, how likely is it to be effective if I have only one or two posts on my blog?

Is it best to post say 3 or 4 useful posts over the course of a week or two and then launch the campaign?

Any insights would be most useful!

1 Akzeptierte Lösung
Champion
Lösung
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

lösung

Hi Steve,

Content's relationship with achieving results is like a marathon, not a sprint. If you're consistent in approach with creating content, then it'll pay off in the long run. That being said, below is a list of ways to increase the visibility of your content at a quicker pace:

- Build an influencer network of relevant industry thought leaders. You can do this by performing research on social media and Google. Look for channels where these people create content. The trick is to engage with them on a frequent basis (comment on their content, "like" their content, etc.). This way, you'll have an easier time of creating a relationship with them in the future.

- Look for opportunities to be helpul on platforms that are relevant to your industry. For example, if you find a forum relevant to your business, then become an active contributor. Don't just share your content, rather take the time to listen to what everyone is saying and respond appropriately. This way when you want to promote your content, people will be more receptive to it.

- Connect blog post content to conversion-focused content like a guide or ebook. This will help create a strong interlinking strategy that supports the flow of traffic to help complete your goals. Plus, if you creaste content consistently in this manner it'll hellp your SEO efforts in the long run. 

As a next step, I recommend checking out HubSpot's Content Marketing Certification as it helps further explain the above: http://certification.hubspot.com/content-marketing-certification-course.

Keep up the good work and remember, content marketing is a marathon, not a sprint.

All the best,

Justin

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

8 Antworten
skhan48
Mitglied

lösung

Hope everything is going will for you. Im also new to this whole digital marketing..And its basically going over my head. I can't seem to put the puzzle's together. I would love to see your blog..may I?

0 Upvotes
EditorSteve
Mitglied

lösung

Hey! You can - however there is still only one post! I'm struggling of thinking of how best to present my content and in fact what the best content to make is! 

www.stevebollschweiler.com is my website - my solitary blog post can be found here 🙂 

Enjoy!

0 Upvotes
Samantha_Alford
Stratege/Strategin

lösung

Hi @EditorSteve,

I know where you're coming from.  The Inbound Methodology can be a huge leap of faith and I agree with everyone here about it being a marathon not a sprint.  That said, sometimes amazing things can happen much faster than you'd think.  I started a new site recently for my wordpress plugin that integrates with HubSpot.  Thinking it would take ages for it to rank I started with a few posts about the plugin and creating a membership site.  Within a few weeks the site ranked on the first page of Google for the search term 'HubSpot membership site' and has stayed there.  That spurred me on to do more.

You might also be interested in a podcast that I uploaded today on The Daily Hub.  It's an interview with a HubSpot user that grew their leads by 650% using HubSpot and the Inbound Methodology.  Emma (the interviewee) talks alot about the leap of faith, but that it's worth it.  She says a number of times 'you reap what you sow'.  You can listen to it here if you're interested: https://inboundaddons.com/thedailyhub.  I started the podcast for people like you who are at that early stage and not sure whether the investment will pay off.  I hope you get alot out of it.

Cheers,

Sam

Samantha Alford
Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
EditorSteve
Mitglied

lösung

Hi Samantha - thanks for your advice. I will definitely check out the podcast 🙂 

p.s apologies for taking two weeks to reply!

0 Upvotes
Champion
Lösung
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

lösung

Hi Steve,

Content's relationship with achieving results is like a marathon, not a sprint. If you're consistent in approach with creating content, then it'll pay off in the long run. That being said, below is a list of ways to increase the visibility of your content at a quicker pace:

- Build an influencer network of relevant industry thought leaders. You can do this by performing research on social media and Google. Look for channels where these people create content. The trick is to engage with them on a frequent basis (comment on their content, "like" their content, etc.). This way, you'll have an easier time of creating a relationship with them in the future.

- Look for opportunities to be helpul on platforms that are relevant to your industry. For example, if you find a forum relevant to your business, then become an active contributor. Don't just share your content, rather take the time to listen to what everyone is saying and respond appropriately. This way when you want to promote your content, people will be more receptive to it.

- Connect blog post content to conversion-focused content like a guide or ebook. This will help create a strong interlinking strategy that supports the flow of traffic to help complete your goals. Plus, if you creaste content consistently in this manner it'll hellp your SEO efforts in the long run. 

As a next step, I recommend checking out HubSpot's Content Marketing Certification as it helps further explain the above: http://certification.hubspot.com/content-marketing-certification-course.

Keep up the good work and remember, content marketing is a marathon, not a sprint.

All the best,

Justin

EditorSteve
Mitglied

lösung

Cheers Justin - I started the Content Marketing course this week, slowly working through it when I can! Very interesting stuff 🙂

Josh
Trendsetter/-in | Platinum Partner
Trendsetter/-in | Platinum Partner

lösung

Hi @EditorSteve,

With only 1 or 2 blog posts and a brand new website, it will be difficult to have any real success. Inbound takes time to see success, especially starting from scratch. As a safe bet, assume you won't start seeing real results until around 6 months.

That being said, launch the campaign! Make sure that your landing pages, thank you pages, marketing automation, CTAs, etc. are all set up in HubSpot and start releasing your blog posts with that CTA on the post. You can start to distribute your blog post via social or a current email list to start getting some traction, but even then being brand new you probably won't see a ton of wins. 

Inbound has a compounding impact, so the more you blog and create downloadables, the more traffic you will get and the more conversions you will get.

One thing to note is to have a solid understanding of your buyer persona and journey before going too far. If your content doesn't resonate with your buyer, you will be treading water.

Hope that helps, but happy to keep this conversation going!

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

EditorSteve
Mitglied

lösung

Josh - thanks a lot for that information, much appreciated! It makes a lot of sense. I've always been a "get results quick" kind of mentality but I'm slowly realising the silliness of that!