Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

Raeljf

Blocking out dates

SOLVE

I would like to know if there is a way to block out dates? In order  to keep from double booking appointments, so that if you attempt to schedule an appointment on a blocked out date you get a warning message.

Thank you,

Jose R

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

Blocking out dates

SOLVE

Hi @Raeljf,

If you want to block an entire date but that date would typically fall on a day and time of the week that you typically accept meetings, add a full day block to your calendar. For example, if I've got a day off, I'll add something to my calendar from 8-5 pm. It won't give an error, but it won't give them the option to book on that day.

Josh 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11
MilenaMilanova
Participant

Blocking out dates

SOLVE

Another case that is currently unavaible is if you want to create a specific calendar for a meetings event that lasts only 3-4 specific dates in the year and you want to open a "Meet Us At... " calendar to book and personalise your event schedule. It's very important to be able to set up the meetings calendar not only per Day but also per Date, same as exclude certain dates that might be national holidays or so. 

danmoyle
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Blocking out dates

SOLVE

@MilenaMilanova I've created meeting links for specific events (like Meet me at INBOUND for instance). Create the link, and in the "additional settings" of the scheduling set-up, there's "custom date range."

danmoyle_0-1695043411607.png

This should solve what you're looking for 🙂 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
JonLackie

Blocking out dates

SOLVE

Hi Dan,
I'd like to add another layer to this question.
When I create a meeting profile like you've described, for example "Meet with Jon at XYZ trade show" on a set of specific dates, I would like to disable my standard meeting profile (which schedules phone call meetings) for those specific dates.  Essentially, I want to block out the ability to schedule phone calls with me while I am at trade shows, but instead allow people to set up in-person meetings with me at the trade show.
I've looked at the controls, and don't readily see a way to do this.
Thoughts?

BérangèreL
Community Manager
Community Manager

Blocking out dates

SOLVE

Hi @MilenaMilanova,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

I understand that on a meeting link, you'd like to have a custom date range, is that correct?

I found for you this article "Create scheduling pages with the meetings tool" that indicates that "if you are creating a scheduling page for an event or conference, you can specify a custom date range for booking. Select the Over a period of rolling weeks or Custom date range (users with assigned Sales Hub paid seats only) radio button, then select the number of weeks or use the date picker fields to set your time range."

I also wanted to invite a couple of subject matter experts to this conversation @danmoyle, @tverdokhlib1 and @Franci, do you have any suggestions to help @MilenaMilanova, please?

If anybody else has anything to add and/or share, please feel free to join in the conversation 🙂

Thanks and have a lovely day!

Best,
Bérangère

Saviez-vous que la Communauté est disponible en Français ?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings!

MGranados7

Blocking out dates

SOLVE

Necesitamos que activen con urgencia esta funcionalidad ya que hay veces que hay feriados o las oficinas cierran por una razón y esto causa confusión o mala imagen ante los clientes ya que pareciera que se le acepta su reserva

0 Upvotes
DBert

Blocking out dates

SOLVE

I stumbled upon the solution. Holidays show up as "free" which allows for bookings. You need to go to your holiday event and mark it as a "busy" status and then it will block bookings for the duration of the holiday/vacation.

DBert

Blocking out dates

SOLVE

So there really is no way to block holidays or vacations? I set a 2 day event for thanksgiving on my google calendar, but hubspot is still allowing meetings for this time... It seems that hubspot does not recognize multi-day or all-day events.. Just ignores their existence.

0 Upvotes
Josh
Solution

Blocking out dates

SOLVE

Hi @Raeljf,

If you want to block an entire date but that date would typically fall on a day and time of the week that you typically accept meetings, add a full day block to your calendar. For example, if I've got a day off, I'll add something to my calendar from 8-5 pm. It won't give an error, but it won't give them the option to book on that day.

Josh 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

jmo23
Participant

Blocking out dates

SOLVE

@Josh- I have the 4th of July blocked on the Outlook calendar with 2 meetings: 1) All Day/Busy and 2) 8-5pm/Busy - but they are not showing as blocked off on the HubSpot meetings calendar. Any suggestions?

0 Upvotes
Sean_Wilson
Participant

Blocking out dates

SOLVE

Sounds good, so if we have a three week break we just go in and create 21 full-day events in google calendar?

0 Upvotes
RSteuer
Participant

Blocking out dates

SOLVE

I understand the stated solution but don't love it. A vacation option on the meetings function would be helpfull. My calendar has a big blob of vacation just for this, which makes it difficult to schedule ('see') other non-hubspot/work activities. 

UPDATE: I set for "all day" and "busy" and the stated solution works without issue. Thank you.

0 Upvotes