Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

RobSommers

Best wording for an printed email sign up sheet

SOLVE

I've been asked to create a printed email signup sheet that we can take to tradeshows so that attendees can signup for our email newsletter. Making the form itself isn't a problem, but I was wondering if anyone had best practices for the copy on the form itself. Are they any phrases or copy elements that I should have on the form?

Thanks.

1 Accepted solution
ndwilliams3
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

I would steer away from a general "email newsletter signup" Come up with a compelling offer that they would sign up for and not the "sign up to win a free....fill in the blank" offer a whitpaper, infographic or webinar. Think of it just like you would a landing page. What would you target market find value in and be willing to give up their email.

1. With a general email newsletter signup or registration form, you don't get as many takers.
  2. If you do a "sign up to win a free....fill in the blank". You get more unqualifed leads, and unsubscribes later down the road.

When you get back to the office, send out two emails.

1. send the offer they signed up for. Be sure to remind them of when, where and why your sending the offer. Include the event name in the subject. if it's several days later, people sometimes forget they signed up. This will prevent unnecessary unsubscribes.
  2. Send a copy of the last email newsletter with an intro and an offer to subscribe to the newsletter.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
ndwilliams3
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

I would steer away from a general "email newsletter signup" Come up with a compelling offer that they would sign up for and not the "sign up to win a free....fill in the blank" offer a whitpaper, infographic or webinar. Think of it just like you would a landing page. What would you target market find value in and be willing to give up their email.

1. With a general email newsletter signup or registration form, you don't get as many takers.
  2. If you do a "sign up to win a free....fill in the blank". You get more unqualifed leads, and unsubscribes later down the road.

When you get back to the office, send out two emails.

1. send the offer they signed up for. Be sure to remind them of when, where and why your sending the offer. Include the event name in the subject. if it's several days later, people sometimes forget they signed up. This will prevent unnecessary unsubscribes.
  2. Send a copy of the last email newsletter with an intro and an offer to subscribe to the newsletter.