Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

Jeanisrad
Participant

Best way to transition into a new Pipeline?

SOLVE

I am cleaning our company HubSpot... There is a ton of data, but not every lead has been updated and not every deal has been created.

I want to start fresh with a new pipeline and new process moving forward.

My question is: How do I handle the old deals? Is it best just to start fresh or should I try to get as much of the old pipeline transitioned into the new pipeline?

I can get pending contacts, but there's just a lot of data that has not been updated and I feel stuck on how to best deal with that.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Jeanisrad,

That depends. I would probably first try and have the deal owners check whether deals should be archived or re-activated and pursued further. There might be some opportunities in there which would be lost when archived.

Archiving could then mean multiple things. One option is to set these deals to closed lost. This would be a bit depressing but accurate since they were never won. Alternatively, you could keep them all in the old pipeline and rename it to "Archive". That way, they wouldn't "pollute" your new pipeline but you would still be able to access the information if needed. The third option would be deleting the deals, if the information is found to be obsolete and not helpful at all, probably a bit drastic. I'd go with the "Archive" option.

If you're creating an entirely new pipeline to start fresh, I would only carry over those deals that are still deemed worth pursuing: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/deals/how-can-i-move-a-deal-from-one-pipeline-to-another

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Jeanisrad,

That depends. I would probably first try and have the deal owners check whether deals should be archived or re-activated and pursued further. There might be some opportunities in there which would be lost when archived.

Archiving could then mean multiple things. One option is to set these deals to closed lost. This would be a bit depressing but accurate since they were never won. Alternatively, you could keep them all in the old pipeline and rename it to "Archive". That way, they wouldn't "pollute" your new pipeline but you would still be able to access the information if needed. The third option would be deleting the deals, if the information is found to be obsolete and not helpful at all, probably a bit drastic. I'd go with the "Archive" option.

If you're creating an entirely new pipeline to start fresh, I would only carry over those deals that are still deemed worth pursuing: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/deals/how-can-i-move-a-deal-from-one-pipeline-to-another

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Jeanisrad
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you! Yeah, I had mixed feelings on bringing other stuff over b/c the pipeline would never be accurate. I appreciate your response.

0 Upvotes