Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

BobBalm1
Contributor

Best way to analyze Marketing Hub usage?

SOLVE

Hey guys, looking for some input on how you guys would handle this pickle.

I've inherited a Hubspot Marketing instance (Enterprise level) with almost 100 users of various access levels. From what I understand, most of these user accounts have been requested by people in the field for one-off stuff, or even something as menial as getting an export of a single form's submissions. Hubspot hasn't really had an owner in the business, so no one can tell me who got an account for what reason and if they still need it or not.

Long story short, I want to reign in the wild growth of user accounts and put a process and policy in place. Before I simply delete everyone from the system, is there a way to see user activity for particular accounts? I'm aware of the Sales Productivity report, but this would be marketing users, so looking for Form creations, property creations, email sends, that sort of stuff.

1 Accepted solution
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @BobBalm1,

There's really not a way that I know of to accomplish this. I have 2 ideas.

1. Just remove access to everyone and add back in as requested.

2.  Send an email to the users notifying them that the access will change unless they specifically request to keep it running. This could even be a series of emails if it's something very important

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Josh
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @BobBalm1,

There's really not a way that I know of to accomplish this. I have 2 ideas.

1. Just remove access to everyone and add back in as requested.

2.  Send an email to the users notifying them that the access will change unless they specifically request to keep it running. This could even be a series of emails if it's something very important

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

BobBalm1
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks, yeah that's what I decided to run with in the end. Shame you can't see usage per user in Hubspot. I'll create/contribute on the ideas board 🙂

0 Upvotes