Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

RKallok
Participante

Best practices on marketing emails for blog subscription and newsletters

resolver

My company has GDPR in place, and from my understanding, if someone signs up for our blog, they can't be automatically added to our general newsletter. Is that correct? I was wondering on what would be best practice for having visitors sign up for both. Thanks!

1 Solução aceita
Phil_Vallender
Solução
Participante de valor | Parceiro Diamante

resolver

Hi @RKallok 

This is not legal advice. 

Since both blog digest and newsletter are marketing communications, I would suggest you group these under one subscription type in HubSpot. Then you can use one expression of explicit consent (checkbox on your form) to send them this kind of information. Different email subscription types are useful when you have very different types of communication which users may want granular ability to opt in and out of, but you are not forced to use a different subscription type for every kind of email you send.

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

Exibir solução no post original

1 Resposta 1
Phil_Vallender
Solução

resolver

Hi @RKallok 

This is not legal advice. 

Since both blog digest and newsletter are marketing communications, I would suggest you group these under one subscription type in HubSpot. Then you can use one expression of explicit consent (checkbox on your form) to send them this kind of information. Different email subscription types are useful when you have very different types of communication which users may want granular ability to opt in and out of, but you are not forced to use a different subscription type for every kind of email you send.

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency