Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

Edyta7510
Guide

Best practices on managing new contacts/companies - Contact us form/Lead gen

Hi All, 

I'm looking for some best practices when it comes to managing new contacts and companies that get created via HubSpot forms. In our case there are 2 types of forms (contact us/ lead gen forms used on LPs with gated content). 

I've outlined below some of my current concerns/questions: 

• I have activated "automatically create and associate companies" options, which means any new contacts generated via forms (so far I can see they usually come from new companies that don't exist in our CRM) - this option is quite practical, although it results in loads of records that need to be cleaned on a regular basis. (companies that are irrelevant, neither prospect/customer) - how do you guys manage this? Do you create related companies only if a given contact is qualified as lead? or any other criteria? this is getting a little difficult to manage. 
  • Deleting contacts created via form submissions - there are obviously loads of irrelevant contacts as well that get created automatically through forms. My questions on this one: 
    • today we qualify them manually (it's done by a human 🙂 ) - I haven't come up with any other way to automate this part of the process - any recommendations? 
    • do you typically delete contacts created through form submissions that are irrelevant? Or this is messing up with form conversion rates, etc.  

Many thanks for sharing your thoughts!

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
SNigam
Key Advisor

Best practices on managing new contacts/companies - Contact us form/Lead gen

Hello @Edyta7510 ,

Every business have their own way to gather leads but yes in my experience many business use to create company after aquiring contact and let them pass on some criteria or they will achieve any position in their terms.

To identify irrelevant contacts aquired from form I would suggest to write workflow for this and on the basis of some activities or properties updated for each contact you can update your custom property like you can create property 'Contact Status' in which two values can have 'True' or 'False' so if lead passed you can update this prop to true otherwise mark it as false using workflow and based on this property you can create list which you use to delete segmented contacts on monthly basis. 

To qualify leads you must write an automation(workflow) with all of your filters like if any contact have notes added and meeting scheduled or anything you think that if this happened with your contact then this contact should qualify and can become customer so you can update its lifecycle stage property from workflow.

And for identifying conversion rates I would suggest you to create your own reports with your own filters so that you can have right realtime data. 

If this helps you please mark this as solution. And do not hesitate to reachout to me for any help.

Thanks