Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

thomasvbe
Colaborador(a)

Best practice to use custom data as workflow trigger and email content

resolver

Hi all

I'm looking for a best practice to implement custom website event data in HubSpot and use this data in HubSpot to trigger workflows, create lists, and use this custom data to fill emails.

Use case: we have different tools on our website that are custom-made. The customer follows a process and in the end, he gets a suggestion from us. This can be text, a personalized URL with query params, an image URL, or even JSON data.

We want to send this data to HubSpot and let it trigger a workflow where we can filter out the type of tool he used and trigger a follow-up campaign based on if he click his personalized link in the mail. The hard part is that we need to be able to use this data in an email. We can't just use a contact field that we fill in, because contacts can use multiple tools that generate different URLs and follow-up emails can cross from different workflows.

I was thinking about solving this problem by creating a custom app (to show data on the Timeline)
But still, I haven't figured out how we can display this custom data in emails (to create buttons or display an image).

Thanks for your responses!

Thomas

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
webdew
Solução
Orientador(a) | Parceiro Diamante

resolver

Hi @thomasvbe ,

As this does involve custom code, my advice is that you might need to consult an external developer, but let me see if I can help you get on the right track. 

so I wonder if it would be helpful in this case to use a Custom Object and then base your workflows on those Custom Objects, rather than on Contact Properties. 

you can of course!  pass that data to an email. Hopefully custom objects will help you with the same. 

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards. 

Exibir solução no post original

2 Respostas 2
webdew
Solução

resolver

Hi @thomasvbe ,

As this does involve custom code, my advice is that you might need to consult an external developer, but let me see if I can help you get on the right track. 

so I wonder if it would be helpful in this case to use a Custom Object and then base your workflows on those Custom Objects, rather than on Contact Properties. 

you can of course!  pass that data to an email. Hopefully custom objects will help you with the same. 

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards. 

thomasvbe
Colaborador(a)

resolver

Hi @webdew, that was indeed a track I was investigating, thanks!

0 Avaliação positiva