Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

MetaEquityPtnrs

Best Techstack is for CRM and Markteing

SOLVE

Hello All,

We are a startup company looking for some helpful information in regards to what is the best tech stack for CRM and marketing for a social media site and a private equity fund?

All suggestions and information are very helpful. Thank you very much in advance!

2 Accepted solutions
danmoyle
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MetaEquityPtnrs. Of course it'd be great if the answer was a simple recipe, wouldn't it? 😁

In lieu of asking a bunch of questions to help understand your needs and goals, I would say starting with the HubSpot Hubs of Sales and Marketing Pro (or Starter if really pushed) would be a perfect place to start. With those you'll have CRM capabilities, plus great marketing tools in email, social media and reporting. Not to mention conversion paths with landing pages & forms. 

What other technology needs are you looking for in your platform(s)? 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

View solution in original post

johnelmer
Solution
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@MetaEquityPtnrs Are you asking about two different businesses? Or about a private equity fund that wants to build a website to be used for blog posts and landing pages driven by social media posts?  The answer would be different depending on which it is.

Having worked with a number of private equity firms, their needs for a website are usually fairly straightforward and tend to feature contact form, a Team page, an investment criteria page, and a page of links to their portfolio companies.  The 15 page limitataion of HubSpot CMS Starter would still probably be OK.   On the other hand, their use cases for a CRM are likely to be fairly complex.  HubSpot Sales Hub Professional is likely to be required, or an industry vertical-specific CRM such as Dealcloud.  Since private equity firms put significant efforts into attracting potential sellers of businesses, a marketing automation package like Marketing Hub Professional can be used to great effect to manage social media campaigns and email campaigns.  If you use a non-HubSpot CRM, make sure it can be integrated with Marketing Hub (meaning that it has public APIs and good documentation).

DM me for more information.

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

John Elmer, CEO
Bayard Bradford

Advanced CRM Implementation | HubSpot Custom Integration Services | Datawarehouse.io Apps for HubSpot
Elite HubSpot Solutions Partner
> Follow me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Ben_M
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Being quite honest, I would recommend you post in a few different locations and take some solutions for a test spin.  Coming into Hubspot asking about a stack for CRM and Marketing, both of which they offer, is like walking into a Ford dealership and asking if I should walk out with a Ford, Honda, or Tesla.

For the CRM front, the obvious behemoths in this discussion will be Hubspot and Salesforce.  There are a bunch of others (ie: Zoho, MS Dynamics, etc.).  For the most part if you don't need a lot of the bell and whistles and integrations that come with the Salesforce ecosystem, Hubspot is a good alternative and provides much of the same core functionality.

For a Marketing solution, these also vary quite a bit. In terms of automation platforms, you have Hubspot, Pardot, Eloqua, and Marketo as the big names.  But with social media this could change depending on your needs and while Hubspot has a basic social media offering, there are others out there that specialize in social (ie: Hootsuite, Sprout Social, Buffer).

I think the bigger question for me would be what do you need from a social media platform and do you have any specific questions with your CRM (ie: integrations, functionality, etc.)?

johnelmer
Solution

SOLVE

@MetaEquityPtnrs Are you asking about two different businesses? Or about a private equity fund that wants to build a website to be used for blog posts and landing pages driven by social media posts?  The answer would be different depending on which it is.

Having worked with a number of private equity firms, their needs for a website are usually fairly straightforward and tend to feature contact form, a Team page, an investment criteria page, and a page of links to their portfolio companies.  The 15 page limitataion of HubSpot CMS Starter would still probably be OK.   On the other hand, their use cases for a CRM are likely to be fairly complex.  HubSpot Sales Hub Professional is likely to be required, or an industry vertical-specific CRM such as Dealcloud.  Since private equity firms put significant efforts into attracting potential sellers of businesses, a marketing automation package like Marketing Hub Professional can be used to great effect to manage social media campaigns and email campaigns.  If you use a non-HubSpot CRM, make sure it can be integrated with Marketing Hub (meaning that it has public APIs and good documentation).

DM me for more information.

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

John Elmer, CEO
Bayard Bradford

Advanced CRM Implementation | HubSpot Custom Integration Services | Datawarehouse.io Apps for HubSpot
Elite HubSpot Solutions Partner
> Follow me on LinkedIn
danmoyle
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @MetaEquityPtnrs. Of course it'd be great if the answer was a simple recipe, wouldn't it? 😁

In lieu of asking a bunch of questions to help understand your needs and goals, I would say starting with the HubSpot Hubs of Sales and Marketing Pro (or Starter if really pushed) would be a perfect place to start. With those you'll have CRM capabilities, plus great marketing tools in email, social media and reporting. Not to mention conversion paths with landing pages & forms. 

What other technology needs are you looking for in your platform(s)? 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @MetaEquityPtnrs,

Thanks for reaching out! 

I would like to add some experts to our conversation - @johnelmer@danmoyle@Mike_Eastwood@Ben_M@Josh - Do you have any recommendations for @MetaEquityPtnrs?

Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes