Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

hs-user
Participante

Best Practices for using Buyer Persona in a Global Organization?

resolver

Hi everyone,

I am working for a pan-european company that operates in multiple countries and that offer multiple brands.

We've just defined our Buyer Persona, and we did our best to keep the number of Persona below 5, because it would not manageable by our team above this number 😉

Now we want to tag our contacts with these persona. The first idea is to edit our currents forms (arround 300 ...) and add a drop down menu with our new Persona property. So our new contact could select the buyer persona from the list. However, the issue is that I don't know how to call this new field. We have 4 buyer persona, so there are defintely not an exhaustive list of role or job title. Or can we keep a role list and add another field for buyer persona, I'm afraid it's going to be redundant. 

What's tbe best practice?

Thanks

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
karstenkoehler
Solução
Membro do Hall da Fama | Parceiro

resolver

Hey @hs-user,

Generally I would not recommend that a contact can self-select their persona, even if the form field has another label. They might define and interpret what they read in that form field differently than you and your organisation.

For example, a CEO of a 5 person start-up fills out your form and self-identifies as the decision maker persona. However, since you're targeting bigger companies, he's actually not your decision maker persona but a negative persona. 

I'd suggest that you assign the correct persona to your contacts via workflow. This workflow takes into account all of the criteria that you have for a persona - such role, company size, any custom properties that are relevant (favorite ice cream flavor, shoe size, how many push-ups they can do). These would be the enrollment or branch criteria of your workflows (for automatic assignment).

If you don't have workflows in your subscription, you can create active lists, filter by the criteria mentioned above and assign the persona manually.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Exibir solução no post original

1 Resposta 1
karstenkoehler
Solução

resolver

Hey @hs-user,

Generally I would not recommend that a contact can self-select their persona, even if the form field has another label. They might define and interpret what they read in that form field differently than you and your organisation.

For example, a CEO of a 5 person start-up fills out your form and self-identifies as the decision maker persona. However, since you're targeting bigger companies, he's actually not your decision maker persona but a negative persona. 

I'd suggest that you assign the correct persona to your contacts via workflow. This workflow takes into account all of the criteria that you have for a persona - such role, company size, any custom properties that are relevant (favorite ice cream flavor, shoe size, how many push-ups they can do). These would be the enrollment or branch criteria of your workflows (for automatic assignment).

If you don't have workflows in your subscription, you can create active lists, filter by the criteria mentioned above and assign the persona manually.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.