Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

celiasjr
Participant

Best Practice when Removing Users

SOLVE

We have been using HubSpot CRM for several years but still don't have clear steps for how to handle contacts, companies, deals when a sale rep leaves the company.  I get that we can just reassign those to another rep, but it can be thousands of contacts. 

Does anyone have best practices they would be willing to share?  How to handle:
- closed lost deals (will end up showing as deactivated user)

- thousands of contacts, some with activity some not

- hundres+ companies

Thanks.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
warrendavey
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Our practice is to assign all Deals, Companies and Contacts from that user in advance of deactivating them.  If you need to divide the ownership I would set up an automation workflow that round robins the records to new reps. You could also auto-assign the ownership of the company to be the same on the associated contacts and deals through a workflow.  This would make it easy to just change the owner of the company and all the other associated records would follow suit.

✔️ Was I able to help answer your question? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Davey Waren
Pearagon

Still have questions? Let's Talk

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
warrendavey
Solution

SOLVE

Our practice is to assign all Deals, Companies and Contacts from that user in advance of deactivating them.  If you need to divide the ownership I would set up an automation workflow that round robins the records to new reps. You could also auto-assign the ownership of the company to be the same on the associated contacts and deals through a workflow.  This would make it easy to just change the owner of the company and all the other associated records would follow suit.

✔️ Was I able to help answer your question? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Davey Waren
Pearagon

Still have questions? Let's Talk