Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

shaebert
Contributor

Best Practice for Event Management

SOLVE

Hello, we use HubSpot as an event management tool (non-webinars), but it takes a lot of effort to set everything up once we have an event. Is there a best practice/workflow/example of how I can make this process easier? Below are all the items that I have to create every time we do an event:

• Landing Page
  • Form for Registration
    • Have to create a calendar appointment and link to it so people who register can save it to their calendar. 
  • Confirmation Email for Registration
    • Create a workflow for this automation
  • Schedule a 24 hour reminder email for the event
  • Schedule a Thank you email

It would be nice to be able to create all 3 emails at one time or something to simplify my efforts. 

I have used EventBrite in the past, but do not want to use. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @shaebert,

HubSpot doesn't have any event templates that would allow you to create all of these assets with a few clicks. More so, I'd consider it best practice to create the perfect assets once and then clone these assets for subsequent events.

Here's how I usually go about this:

1. Create thank you page

2. Create landing page and form

3. Create confirmation email for automation and place it in a regular contact-based workflow

4. Test conversion path so far

5. Create a date-centered workflow (centered around the event date) which can include "day before" and/or "one hour before" email reminder (automated email)

6. Create promotional email and a second email to send to contacts who have not interacted with first version

7. Consider additional promotional channels and create tracking URLs for these channels

For the calendar links, this Add to Calendar tool has made my life a lot easier.

But again, all of the above remains a manual process. Cloning and repetition will speed things up however.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @shaebert,

HubSpot doesn't have any event templates that would allow you to create all of these assets with a few clicks. More so, I'd consider it best practice to create the perfect assets once and then clone these assets for subsequent events.

Here's how I usually go about this:

1. Create thank you page

2. Create landing page and form

3. Create confirmation email for automation and place it in a regular contact-based workflow

4. Test conversion path so far

5. Create a date-centered workflow (centered around the event date) which can include "day before" and/or "one hour before" email reminder (automated email)

6. Create promotional email and a second email to send to contacts who have not interacted with first version

7. Consider additional promotional channels and create tracking URLs for these channels

For the calendar links, this Add to Calendar tool has made my life a lot easier.

But again, all of the above remains a manual process. Cloning and repetition will speed things up however.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.