Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

MWilliams3
Colaborador

Batch task action

resolver

Hi, 

Hoping somone more creative than I can help me. I have tasks setup - all require the same action and it's brainless - a prime candidate for automation. 

They are follow-up tasks where they have replied to an email. (I have automatic follow ups for no replies). Basically, I either add them to the follow-up workflow manually or I send them a template if they've already completed that workflow. 

Can I do this in batch? Or is there a simpler way than going through 100+ tasks a week adding to workflows or sending templates? 

I'm happy to tweak my process in order to get a quicker outcome.

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
karstenkoehler
Solución
Miembro del salón de la fama | Partner

Batch task action

resolver

Hi @MWilliams3,

Sure, HubSpot has various options for automation.

I wouldn't recommend using tasks as an intermediary however, if you're planning on automating this further. Tasks are meant to be dealt with one by one by humans in HubSpot. There aren't any activity based workflows yet which would automatically manage and close tasks.

Instead, you could use whatever trigger is currently in place for task creation and use it for another workflow. This workflow would enroll those contacts based on the same criteria. An if/then branch then checks whether the contact has been enrolled in the other workflow you mentioned before. If no, they're sent to this exact workflow for further nurturing. If yes, then the only option to send sales emails from a workflow would be a sequence. (This could be a one-email sequence.) Enrolling a contact in a sequence from a workflow requires an Enterprise subscription.

Alternatively, you could create an automated marketing email instead of a sales email. This automated marketing email could be sent right from the workflow as well.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

1 Respuesta 1
karstenkoehler
Solución

Batch task action

resolver

Hi @MWilliams3,

Sure, HubSpot has various options for automation.

I wouldn't recommend using tasks as an intermediary however, if you're planning on automating this further. Tasks are meant to be dealt with one by one by humans in HubSpot. There aren't any activity based workflows yet which would automatically manage and close tasks.

Instead, you could use whatever trigger is currently in place for task creation and use it for another workflow. This workflow would enroll those contacts based on the same criteria. An if/then branch then checks whether the contact has been enrolled in the other workflow you mentioned before. If no, they're sent to this exact workflow for further nurturing. If yes, then the only option to send sales emails from a workflow would be a sequence. (This could be a one-email sequence.) Enrolling a contact in a sequence from a workflow requires an Enterprise subscription.

Alternatively, you could create an automated marketing email instead of a sales email. This automated marketing email could be sent right from the workflow as well.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.