Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

MWilliams3
Contributor

Batch quotes best practices

Hey folks, 

I'm just hoping get some input on best practices / highest automation for the following use case. I have a Professional bundle and also Zapier. 

We run a school - I'll need to send out 150+ quotes once every 3 months of which there are two types (pay in full and instalments (every month for 3 months). 

What I can't get my head around is the way to send these out. I'd (looks like wrongly) assumed I could create a quote and then send the link out to everybody, but it seems that qutoes are specific to each user. 

Ok - so use a workflow to create a deal, then create a quote and send. Nope - cos you can't create quotes in workflow (really!!?). Ok - so create a Zap to create a quote after the deal, no create quote trigger. 

Please tell me there is a way to generate the quotes that doesn't involve me sitting there and creating 150+ quotes 3 times a year manually one at a time. I can't possibly pay all this money for software and have to do that manually? 

Hoping I've just made a noob oversight and someone can put me out of my misery soon! 

Thanks in advance! 

M

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
KEberhardt
Participant

"Please tell me there is a way to generate the quotes that doesn't involve me sitting there and creating 150+ quotes 3 times a year manually one at a time. I can't possibly pay all this money for software and have to do that manually? "

This exemplifies how I'm feeling. How did this slip through the cracks of a multiple thousand dollar per month subscription? We need an immediate update. This hasn't been updated for 9 months.

0 Upvotes
MWilliams3
Contributor

Many thanks all. I have to say that the process of sending out quotes for the same product over and over again is one of the most soul destroying processes on Hubspot I think I've ever had on a computer 😞 

0 Upvotes
TrujayJay
Top Contributor | Elite Partner
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

Hey @MWilliams3 ! Unfortunately, I don't think this is a noob oversight. There's no API for creating Quotes (yet), so there's no way to do this in bulk via Zapier or other similar apps.

There is currently a beta for creating Quotes via API, so once that's fully released, I think you might be able to accomplish what you're looking for. https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/crm/quotes

Trujay | Noah Hendricks
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @MWilliams3,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

I wanted to tag in a couple of subject matter experts to see if they have any input on this matter:

hi @TrujayJay@LouiseGlover@rahul_inbound, do you have any advice for @MWilliams3? Thank you!

Cheers
Mia, Community Team     

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings