Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

breville

Automation of tasks for customers to action

SOLVE

Hi there,

I have a fair amount of CRM experience, but not Service and need to do the following, but can't figure out if it is possible with Workflow...

I have a number of tasks in our project management process that our customers need to carry out. Ideally, I would like to send them an email with a link to confirm when they've been completed and reminders when they don't.

Does anyone know if this is possible? It feels like a mix of a sequence and workflow.

Cheers 👍

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @breville,

This would be the first thing for you to figure out. If you want to automate reminders, those reminders have to be triggered by an activity (or the lack thereof). A Google Sheet will not scale well because it's a different one for each customer, I assume. You could consider using form submissions, the click of a button in an automated email ("I have completed this step") or a property manually updated by an employee of yours – but there needs to be something that HubSpot can read and use as a starting point.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @breville,

This would be the first thing for you to figure out. If you want to automate reminders, those reminders have to be triggered by an activity (or the lack thereof). A Google Sheet will not scale well because it's a different one for each customer, I assume. You could consider using form submissions, the click of a button in an automated email ("I have completed this step") or a property manually updated by an employee of yours – but there needs to be something that HubSpot can read and use as a starting point.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @breville,

How do you keep track of completion of these tasks? That's a crucial part of the step, otherwise automation would just be a series of emails, potentially not in sync with actual task completion.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

breville

SOLVE
Good point!
At the moment we have a google sheet with the tasks per client, but could use another reporting tool (like HS!).

Thank you.
0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hey @breville,

Could you share more context on the type of tasks and how you would track completion?

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

breville

SOLVE
Hello!

Mostly manual tasks to set up equipment. They don’t need third party system integration.

Thanks!
0 Upvotes