Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

AngloScottish

Automatically Assigning My Email address instead of support email address

Morning 

I have just signed up for the free Service Hub which looks great but i have one issue.

It is automatically assigning my email address rather than the support email address.  

I created the account using my Microsoft Single Sign In and now when I try to add the support email it is not asking for an email address and they both just default to my email address.

I have tried both deleting the channel and starting again as well as adding an additional channel.

Thanks

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Automatically Assigning My Email address instead of support email address

Hi @AngloScottish,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! 

Could you tell us a bit more about your current setup? Have you connected the email as your personal email address (Settings > General >Email)  or a team/support email address in the tool Conversations (Settings > Tools > Inbox > Channels)?

This help article explains the difference between the two different email connections. 

Could you also tell us what you mean by "It is automatically assigning my email address"? Does this happen when you're trying to send a new email and it automatically populates the "From" field or when a new email  arrives in the Conversations inbox and it's assigned to a user? 

The more info, screenshots and details you can provide, the better the Community can assist. Thank you!

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

0 Upvotes