Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

IRemington
Participant

Automated Handoff Email (Sales > Professional Services)

We've been working to create an email based on specific service type closed. Ideally, the following would be true:

• If a deal closes AND
  • The deal has a Service Type of X or Y or Z THEN
  • A specific email is trigger (based on the service type) to the prospect from the account executive who closes the deal

The logic above is very possible. What does not seem possible is, within a workflow, to have an email come from the account executive without an usubscribe/marketing email. Ideally, this looks personalized but is a canned reply trying to drive a meeting outcome with a member of the services team (dependent upon Service Type).

The goal is to:

• Remove this resposibilty from the account exec needing to remember
  • Automate the process (and follow up) in which it takes 2 or 3 emails to get the meeting booked and handoff completed

Curious if anyone has thoughts or ideas. Thanks.

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
IRemington
Participant

Thanks Matt,

In general, was trying to avoid tasks (or really anything manual). I had thought about the Sequence as well (but again, involves a step). Perhaps I'm being a bit too picky here, it just seems like a VERY natrual part of any workflow that I would envision should be possible within HubSpot. I was generally surprised when it seemed to be difficult (if not entirely impossible?) to have a deal close automatically kick off an email from a Sales rep to the Client. 

0 Upvotes
matthew-aire
Contributor

Hi @IRemington 

Understood 🙂 It's a common thing I hear from my other clients too. Do you have Sales or Service Hub Enterprise? It can be automed if so with Sequences 🙂

If not then it can still be automated using workflows but as you've stated the contact will need to be opted into an email subsription type.

Thanks,

LinkedIn Profile Photo (1).png

Matt Aire
HubSpot Freelancer | Founder @ pocketpros

Let's chat HubSpot - book a meeting

👌 If my reply was useful and helped answer your question, please mark it as a solution to help the community!

0 Upvotes
matthew-aire
Contributor

Hi @IRemington 

There are a few things that come to mind for me.

First is instead of sending the marketing email you could create a Task instead to remind the AE to send the email. Of course the email is manual but there is at least a reminder from the newly created Task.

Secondly you could instead enrol contacts into a Sales Seuquence using a workflow actions as long as you have Sales or Service Hub Enterprise.

Please let me know know how you get on.

Many thanks,

LinkedIn Profile Photo (1).png

Matt Aire
HubSpot Freelancer | Founder @ pocketpros

Let's chat HubSpot - book a meeting

👌 If my reply was useful and helped answer your question, please mark it as a solution to help the community!

0 Upvotes