Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

JHagedooren
Participant

Automate association label

SOLVE

I am looking for a way to add association labels automatically through workflow.

We have some contact properties which will decide what label needs to be assigned to the contacts deal

For example contact property is admin: yes

Needs to get admin label in deal association

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JHagedooren,

Currently this is not possible. However, as of August 2nd, this request is being reviewed by the HubSpot product team. Yay!

You can follow the progress by liking this thread: Set Association Labels On Records via a Workflow

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

17 Replies 17
KPak
Participant | Elite Partner
Participant | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hey @JHagedooren there is an app in the HubSpot marketplace (Workflow Associations Manager) that allows you to automatically add/remove associations and association labels. We use this tool for almost all of our clients - This is built by Integration Glue. It's super easy to set up, if you need a hand feel free to reply to this message.

0 Upvotes
DStaat
Participant

SOLVE

Hey Jhagedooren! I know this thread is a bit old, but we have an app called Associ8 that would solve your problem. It adds a workflow action that let's you create associations and add association labels. Check it out here.

If you need help installing or getting set up, let me know! I'd be happy to hop on a call with you.

Best,

-David Staat

0 Upvotes
Kjappenzeller
Participant

SOLVE

Hey @DStaat, I am actually tring to do this right now and I am struggling to get Associ8 to reassign the flex association. Can you help? 

0 Upvotes
DStaat
Participant

SOLVE

Hey @Kjappenzeller,

You bet! Can you tell me a bit more about your use case and send me a screenshot of how you have Associ8 set up?

0 Upvotes
Kjappenzeller
Participant

SOLVE
Yeah! So I want to streamline the flex associations I have on Deal records
for Contacts. I would like to run a workflow that takes any contact
associated to a deal as "Decision Maker" and update it to "Primary Contact"
so that I can delete Decision Maker as a flex association.
0 Upvotes
DStaat
Participant

SOLVE

Associ8 should be able to help with this use case. You would essentially need to use the app to "reassociate" the contact to the deal but with a different association label.

This will require a bit more understanding on how the app works though. I have some documentation here that describes how Associ8 works / what its fields mean. Give it a quick read and let me know what questions you have! 

P.S. It doesn't cover your use case specifically but it will help you understand how the app works.

0 Upvotes
Sidds
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Dstaat, does it also make it mandatory for the sales team to associate contacts/deals?companies during the sales process?

0 Upvotes
DStaat
Participant

SOLVE

Hey Sidds,

Thanks for reaching out! Can you clarify what you mean by "make it mandatory"? Associ8 can definitely automate those contact/deal/company associations for you if that's what you're asking.

Best,

-David Staat

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @DStaat,

Thanks for sharing how your integration automates association labels! 

Best,

Kristen 

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
aruizc
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @kvlschaefer 

Have you tried this integration? I tried it and there seems to be outdated things in the integration and I have not managed to use it as expected (the workflow action setup is missing required fields to be able to save it)

@DStaat do you know anything about this!

Thanks in advance

0 Upvotes
DStaat
Participant

SOLVE

Hey aruizc! Could you send me a screenshot of what you're seeing? This would help me better identify the issue.

Best,

-David Staat

0 Upvotes
aruizc
Contributor

SOLVE

Sure! So it finally did let me save the actions, but it does not give me an error unless the value for the choosen Search value property is empty. So many times in Partner email we have a string of emails: partner1@partner.com, partner2@partner.com . (see workflow print screen)

The workflow enrollment history details says 'Action succeeded' but Action 1 (Associ8) fails to bring the association (print screen of the deal). It also delays Actions 2 taking place, it takes like 5min to show the association.

aruizc_1-1686675597148.png

aruizc_0-1686675546221.png

aruizc_2-1686675807698.png

Does this make sense to you?

0 Upvotes
DStaat
Participant

SOLVE

Hey aruizc! Thanks for the screenshots. Associ8 typically takes 3-15 minutes to make the association even after the workflow returns a "Success" status. If you have further workflow actions that rely on the association being made, you can set a delay after the Associ8 action!

Let me know if you have any further questions. I'd be happy to hop on a call with you if you need additional assistance!

Best,

-David Staat

0 Upvotes
aruizc
Contributor

SOLVE

+100 upvotes from my side! This is blocking all my automations. 

Also, when creating a record and you copy the associations, it does not copy the association labels and this is killing me.

Please Hubspot, bring a solution to this soon!

aruizc_0-1683217529822.png

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @aruizc,

Thank you for your product feedback! 

Have you seen the latest update made to the feature request which @karstenkoehler linked in his reply? There's some exciting news regarding the process of this idea 🙂 

I would recommend that you subscribe to the idea so you can get status updates from our product team. 

Best,

Kristen 

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
RBozeman
Participant

SOLVE

Hey @JHagedooren ,

As @karstenkoehler said, you cannot currently handle association-related tasks in Workflows. However, I believe you can custom code a solution for this in Operations Hub if that is something that might work for you. Here, here, and here are some recent forum threads on that for some context. 

Also wanted to mention that Insycle  (full disclosure, I work for Insycle as a product marketer) allows you to associate in Workflows by creating association templates, adding them to a Recipe (collection of templates), and then adding that Recipe to a HubSpot Workflow. Insycle allows for you to associate contacts, companies, and deals, in bulk, using any field in your database as a matching field, including labels. You can also manage primary associations/child-parent associations in bulk as well. 

Best,

Ryan

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JHagedooren,

Currently this is not possible. However, as of August 2nd, this request is being reviewed by the HubSpot product team. Yay!

You can follow the progress by liking this thread: Set Association Labels On Records via a Workflow

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.