Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

MConnolly9
Participant

Automate Bulk Printing

SOLVE

Hello, I am a nonprofit and we send out membership cards for new members. I am looking for a way to automate (or semi-automate) this process. Right now, we export contact information we would like on the card and then print using Microsoft Word Mailings and then print to a regular printer. We are looking to upgrade our printing hardward as well as our printing software. I am looking for a way to export specific contact properties and have them populate into a pre-designed card template and then bulk print. Ideally, the most manual work would be starting the process (selecting which contacts to print for), reviewing cards, and then clicking print. Is there any integration/platform available to optimize this process? 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Automate Bulk Printing

SOLVE

Hi @MConnolly9,

I'm not aware of an out-of-the-box solution here but I think this can be achieved with Zapier, Excel and Word's mail merge feature.

Use mail merge for bulk email, letters, labels, and envelopes

"Mail merge lets you create a batch of documents that are personalized for each recipient. For example, a form letter might be personalized to address each recipient by name. A data source, like a list, spreadsheet, or database, is associated with the document. Placeholders--called merge fields--tell Word where in the document to include information from the data source."

As a source for this batch of documents, you would set up an Excel file that is fed with contact information from HubSpot via Zapier, here are the instructions for the Excel file: Mail merge using an Excel spreadsheet

With Zapier, you can update Excel sheet rows whenever a new contact enters a list in HubSpot. I'd recommend doing this first: How to connect Microsoft Excel + HubSpot

karstenkoehler_0-1640845115132.png

Keep in mind that personal data is being processed with an additional tool (Zapier) in this case.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Automate Bulk Printing

SOLVE

Hi @MConnolly9,

I'm not aware of an out-of-the-box solution here but I think this can be achieved with Zapier, Excel and Word's mail merge feature.

Use mail merge for bulk email, letters, labels, and envelopes

"Mail merge lets you create a batch of documents that are personalized for each recipient. For example, a form letter might be personalized to address each recipient by name. A data source, like a list, spreadsheet, or database, is associated with the document. Placeholders--called merge fields--tell Word where in the document to include information from the data source."

As a source for this batch of documents, you would set up an Excel file that is fed with contact information from HubSpot via Zapier, here are the instructions for the Excel file: Mail merge using an Excel spreadsheet

With Zapier, you can update Excel sheet rows whenever a new contact enters a list in HubSpot. I'd recommend doing this first: How to connect Microsoft Excel + HubSpot

karstenkoehler_0-1640845115132.png

Keep in mind that personal data is being processed with an additional tool (Zapier) in this case.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes