Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

GBoulaton
Participant

Auto join sales and contacts with property

Hi all,

Is it possible to "auto-join" sales and contacts with properties fields ?

Example : I received a sales with a vendor and a client.
I have the email for both in the sales properties exported by my plateform (vendor_email: / client_email: )

Is it possible to auto-join the client and the vendor to this sales ?
(If the contact exist, link it, and if it does not exist, create it).

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @GBoulaton,

Could you share more context? Do I understand you correctly, you have a contact record for the client and a property for the vendor email on this client contact record? And now you want to create a contact record for the vendor?

Generally, it is not possible to link records of the same type.

Keep in mind that HubSpot has specific features to track sales (deals) and also options for managing the relationship between multiple parties involved in a sale (custom objects). It sounds like in your case the vendor could be its own custom object which could then be associated to the contact (client). I don't want to overcomplicate things but also make sure that you know these options exist.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

GBoulaton
Participant

Hello Karsten,

Thank you for your quick reply!

I will give a little more context:
We have a C2C service platform.

All our users are treated as "contacts" within Hubspot (a simple field: owner or customer differentiates them).

As soon as an action takes place on our platform (shopping cart, payment, service validation, etc.), a google sheet is updated (with the information of the transaction date, amount, owner's email and the customer's email, etc.).

I would like to be able, when a deal is validated on our platform (and thus updated with the status "complete" in our google sheet), to create a deal on hubspot so that we have the follow-up directly within the tool for the sales department.

I found, thanks to zapier, a way to connect Google Sheets and hubspot.
However, within hubspot, I can't find the property that allows to fill in the contact information related to a deal.
I only have the field "number of contacts linked to the deal" that I can fill in, but not the property that allows me to fill in the identifiers (mail in our case) of the two contacts linked to this deal.

0 Upvotes